28: parent's day

"Were you kissing him?"

--☆--☆--☆--

Just like she promised, Lorelai ended up going to Parent's day with her daughters. She could see the disappointment on their faces the night before and she knew she needed to make it right. So she tried her best to forget that Max would be there, despite picking up his book on their way out the door, and drove to Chilton.

The twins, who were both still a little annoyed with their mother, didn't say much during the drive. They answered Lorelai's questions and nodded their heads when she tried to make a joke but not much else. 

"Hey not so fast," Lorelai said trying to catch up with Rory who was a few steps ahead of them.

"The bell's gonna ring," Rory told her mom.

"Before you go one more step-" Lorelai grabbed ahold of her oldest daughter, kepping her from walking away, "Tell me you like me."

"You bug me."

"I'll take that as a yes," Lorelai said before looking at Cassie who was scanning the hallways. "Honey?"

"You're the best Mom that I have," Cassie answered.

"Glad to hear it. And I want you both to know that I will deal with my issues with Max myself," Lorelai told them.

"Fine."

"Good."

"Really," Lorelai attempted to assure them.

"We believe you."

"So where are we going?" Lorelai asked as the three Gilmores began walking through the hallways again.

"To my locker to drop off some of this stuff," Rory answered, with Lorelai and Cassie trailing behind her.

"You can't just leave now," The sound of Paris' voice made the heads of all three Gilmore women turn. They looked over seeing Paris and her mother standing by Paris' locker, trying to have a quiet argument.

"Paris please."

"At least come to my lit class," Paris pleaded.

"This place is giving me a headache," Her mom said, putting her hand on her temple.

"Mom."

Paris' mom tilted her head in confusion as she looked at her daughter. "Is your face breaking out?"

"No."

"You have not been using that cleanser have you? Now Dr. Yanalari prescribed that cleanser for a reason - to cleanse."