27: mystery pizza

"You and Rory have competition."

--☆--☆--☆--

"We really shouldn't be talking about this," Cassie said, looking around the halls for the subject of their current conversation.

"Why, everyone else is," Sophie reminded her. Currently there was a group of four standing by Tristan Dugray's locker, Tristan, obviously, accompanied by Sophie, Cassie, and Josh. The four of them had been spending more and more time together ever since Cassie and Josh's date.

"She could walk past us any second," Cassie told her, still searching the hallway. "And I don't want to deal with her wrath."

"Don't worry," Josh said, putting both his arms around Cassie in a protective manner. "I'll-"

"If you say you'll protect I'm kicking you in the balls," Sophie said, earning a laugh from Cassie.

Josh had a look on his face that basically said, I'd like to see you try. "Dude," Tristan shook his head at his best friend. "Don't. She'll do it."

Sophie smiled sweetly, and Cassie was quite sure of the fact that she would easily take someone down if she needed to. Sophie is like the definition of sweet until provoked. "Anyways..." Josh said nervously, now wanting to switch conversation topics.

"I heard Paris' dad has a second family in Paris," Tristan said as he grabbed a book from his locker. Once again the halls of Chilton were filled with details of the Geller divorce, leaving the one and only Paris Geller holding her head lower than normal.

"That's ridiculous," Cassie said, shaking her head at the Dugray boy.

"Maybe her sister's name is Rome," Sophie wondered out loud, earning an amused look from Tristan and head shake from Cassie.

"You know sometimes I forget you guys are related," Cassie admitted, "but sometimes you almost seem like siblings."

"You take that back," They said at the same time, in almost a freakish manner.

"Make that twins," Josh said with a laugh. "You and Rory have competition."

"We'll start sharpening our telepathy skills when we get home," Cassie added, still watching in amusement as the Dugray cousins eyed each other in disgust.

"Rory."

The sound of Mr. Medina calling out her sister's name caught Cassie's attention. No one at Chilton, not even Josh, knew about Mr. Medina and Lorelai's relationship. The twins decided at the start they wouldn't tell anyone, no one needed to know.