38: clown donuts

"God bless you Rory Gilmore."

--☆--☆--☆--

"Remind me to tell Paris I hate her," Josh rolled his eyes as he and Tristan pulled into the Chilton parking lot. "I mean scheduling study time at nine in the morning on a Saturday, what a joke," Josh continued but Tristan hadn't replied yet. "I need coffee, and a nap, and more coffee after that."

"Mhm," Tristan hummed, clearly not listening to a single word Josh had said.

Josh turned his head to look at his best friend who was looking straight ahead of him. Normally the Dawson boy would be wondering what was going on in Tristan's mind. However this time he had a good guess what he was thinking about. "You good?"

"Yeah," Tristan smiled then turned his car off. "Saturday morning study groups, not my thing."

"It's no one's thing, except Paris apparently," Josh replied and Tristan nodded, still looking distracted. "Seriously dude. You okay?"

Tristan gave him a weird look, one that made Josh realize he went too far. It's not like he and Tristan sat around talking about their feelings all day long. Sure they shared a few meaningful conversations but they were rare and didn't happen in the middle of the school parking lot.

"What are you my girlfriend?"

"You wish man," Josh laughed then got out of the car. Tristan followed, the two of them closing the car doors as they walked towards the school. "Come on Tristan. Something is clearly going on."

"What do you think of me and Paris?" Tristan asked when they walked through the front doors.

"The Paris who scheduled a study group at nine on a Saturday morning," Josh asked and Tristan nodded. "Oh yeah, you two are a picture perfect couple," Josh laughed but when he saw the look on Tristan's face he grew serious again. "Sorry. You and Paris?"

"Someone told me I should ask her out. That I should be going for more intellectual girls."

"Someone?" Josh asked him, but really he was asking if that person was Rory Gilmore. "Who's someone?"

"I think I'm gonna do it, ask her out I mean," Tristan said, ignoring Josh's question. "Might as well try. I mean, there's no harm in trying, right?"

"I guess," Josh shrugged as they walked into the classroom which was already full.

"Ladies," Tristan greeted as they walked up the group of girls sitting in a circle.

"Hey Tristan," Madeline smiled.