26: love struck teens

"murder is my second favorite hobby,"

--☆--☆--☆--

Feeling nervous wasn't something Joshua Dawson was used to. Normally he was the cool and confident guy, one that didn't worry about sweaty palms or a fast heartbeat. So he didn't understand why he was experiencing both as he drove towards Stars Hollow to pick up Cassie.

It's not like they haven't spent time together alone before, and they've kissed before so he didn't need to worry about that. But tonight they were going on a date, their first real date. Despite his previous experience with girls Josh has never taken any of them out on formal dates. All they did was make out in the back of his car or something, but they never sat down for dinner and watched a movie like he was about to do with Cassie.

He knew there was probably no reason for him to be freaking out. But he was. Because Cassie actually meant something to him, and he didn't know why.

When he arrived outside of her house he looked down at the clock which read 7:30, he was right on time. He could've walked in right then, but he sat in his car for a moment, telling himself to calm the hell down. Josh got out of his car and slowly walked to the door, but just as he was about to ring the doorbell he stopped himself. He could hear the entire Gilmore family running around the house, all three of them trying to finish getting ready in a panic.

"Where's the sparkly dangly bracelet?" He heard a woman yell, and he assumed it was Lorelai Gilmore.

"I'm wearing it!" This Rory yelled, he knew her voice.

"Why are you wearing it?" Lorelai yelled back in an annoyed voice.

"Because it's mine!"

"Oh."

He heard footsteps running down a flight of stairs, "Rory, have you seen my-" Cassie's voice stopped for a moment. "You're my favorite sister."

"I sure hope so."

Josh laughed quietly before ringing the doorbell. Suddenly all the commotion in the Gilmore house stopped. He heard a few hushed voices before someone came to the door. Josh smiled when Rory opened the door, a slightly annoyed look on her face.

"Well you sure look happy to see me Ror," Josh said, giving the older Gilmore a new nickname.

"Don't call me that," She told him, opening the door wider to let him step inside the house.

Josh looks down at Rory's hand, seeing the yellow backpack she was holding. "You know, Ror, school doesn't usually happen on weekends."

A fake look of shock appeared on Rory's face as she let out a gasp. "So that's why no one is there at 7am on a Saturday?"