25: passing notes

"I'm obsessed with you

"I'm obsessed with you."

--☆--☆--☆--

The youngest of the Gilmore family was standing by her locker, transferring her books from her backpack to her locker. It was the beginning of the school day, classes hadn't even started yet, but somehow Cassie was already ready to go home. Or at least have lunch.

"Hey gorgeous." Cassie immediately smiled when she heard his voice, a light blush forming on her face. "So I was thinking..."

"That's not good," Cassie said as she closed her locker to get a better look at Josh, who was now opening his own locker. Which was conveniently placed next to hers.

"We still haven't gone out on our date," Josh reminded her.

"I still haven't said yes," Cassie replied watching as Josh grabbed a few items from his locker.

The Dawson boy turned his head, giving Cassie a 'really' look, but it was true. It had been a week since the dance and Cassie still hasn't said yes to an official date, not that Josh asked her for her answer during that time.

Josh moved to stand right in front of her, keeping her trapped between his body and lockers behind her. "Cassie."

"Yes?"

"Go on a date with me," He said quietly, leaning closer to her. Cassie had to force herself to stand still, otherwise she'd probably pull him in to recreate the kiss they shared at the dance.

"Okay," She nodded her head, the word okay being the only word that existed in her head at that moment.

"Okay?" Josh leaned back slightly, giving Cassie the ability to breathe again. He had a smile on his face, he thought she'd continue to mess with him. Make him wait even longer. "Good."

"You better plan something good," Cassie told him, finally getting her personality back.

"Don't worry about that, this date will be the best you've ever been on," Josh assured her.

"Someone's confident."

"My girl likes confidence," He winked at her.

"Not your girl," Cassie added, taking a step away from him. "Not yet, anyway," She teased before turning around and walking away.

Just as Cassie turned a corner an arm linked around hers, causing her to turn her head. She smiled seeing her only friend from Chilton, Sophie Dugray. Cassie smiled at the blonde girl next to her. Sophie and Cassie hadn't spent much time together outside of school, probably because they lived in two different downs, but they were both glad to have each other.