08: Shakespeare study groups

"I'll take care of her

"I'll take care of her."

--☆--☆--☆--

When the girls got out of school, Rory went back to Stars Hollow, leaving Cassie alone in Hartford. She went to the school library deciding to study there for a couple hours. Cassie couldn't focus at home, for some reason Shakespeare and her bedroom didn't mix.

Cassie was going through her notes, making flashcards whenever she found important information. She was so focused on her notes that she didn't notice a girl eyeing her from across the room. She only noticed the girl's existence since she came and sat down in the seat across from Cassie.

"Hi."

"Hi?" Cassie set down her pen, wondering who the blonde girl was. She recognized her from a couple of her classes but Cassie still hasn't introduced herself to many people.

"Sorry, I'm Sophie Dugray," The girl held her hand out to Cassie, but the Gilmore Girl didn't take her hand right away.

"Dugray?"

"He's my cousin, not my brother," Sophie laughed, seeing the almost worried look on Cassie's face. "I don't really like him either. But his friend, Josh, he's not so bad."

"Did you come over to talk about Josh?" Cassie asked her.

"I saw you two talking, I thought maybe-"

"Look, there's nothing going on between me and Josh. I didn't even know he had a girlfriend."

Sophie immediately began laughing. She waved her hand in the air while she tried to catch her breath. "You think I'm dating Josh?" She continued laughing which caused a confused look to appear on Cassie's face. "He's like a brother to me. I'd never date him."

"Oh," Cassie shrunk down in her seat a little, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

"God, you're funny," Sophie told her, still laughing a little.

"Right. So, uh, no offense but why are you sitting with me?"

"You looked like you're in distress or something," Sophie told her.

"Well you're right about that," Cassie smiled. She expected Sophie to get up and leave her to study but she didn't. Instead she pulled out her books and started jotting down notes. Cassie looked up at her, causing Sophie to look up as well. "What'd you get on the essay?"

"An A, why?" She asked.

"Just checking to see if you're as miserable as I am right now," Cassie said honestly.

Sophie sighed, setting her pencil down. "I was a transfer too. Started middle of last year, first midterm I got a D in one class, and two Cs. I thought they were gonna kick me out." Cassie was a little confused as to why she was telling her that. "You'll catch up, we all do. And now that I've caught up I can help you."