31: donna reed

"Wise choice Dean"

--☆--☆--☆--

Cassie Gilmore was currently browsing the aisles of Doose's market searching for the perfect junk food for the Gilmore family movie night. She held a basket in her arm, which already contained a package of m&ms, twizzlers, popcorn, and chips. Now she was on the hunt for the perfect ice cream flavor.

She stared into the cooler, wondering which flavor was the most appropriate for the evening. Cassie knew that Lorelai and Rory were currently sitting on the couch with The Donna Reed show playing, while they mocked it incessantly. Cassie picked up the package of rocky road ice cream, tossing it in her basket before heading to the register.

"Cassidy."

"Hi Mr. Doose," Cassie said politely as she placed her items on the register.

"Buying a lot of junk food, I see," He told her with an almost warning glance.

Cassie held up her finger, as if saying wait one second before going to the back of the store and grabbing an apple. She placed it down on the register watching as Taylor's expression went from concerned to annoyed. But he still rang her up, and put all her items in a bag.

"Thank you," Cassie said as she grabbed the apple from the bag, taking a nice bite out of it. She walked out of the store and set the plastic bag on the ground so she could put her money back in her pocket. The door to the market opened a second later causing Cassie to look up. "Oh, you."

"Wow, that's your reaction to seeing me?"

"Sorry, here I'll start over," Cassie told him then put on the biggest, fakest, smile she could muster up. "Hi Dean, it's so great to see you again," She said in a fake, high pitched voice. "Better?"

Dean shrugged. "You could work on the voice, it's not peppy enough."

"Well I'm no cheerleader," Cassie reminded him before picking up her grocery bag. "Okay, Bye."

"You know I'm coming over tonight, right?" Dean called out, causing the Gilmore Girl to stop walking and turn around to look at him. "Ah. Rory didn't tell you."

"No, she didn't."

Dean thought to himself for a moment, wondering if their running into each other was actually planned. A couple days ago Rory had been saying something about wishing Dean and Cassie were closer. Rory liked being friends with Josh and being able to hangout with him and Cassie, and she wanted her sister to be able to do that with her and Dean. So maybe it wasn't such a coincidence that Rory needed Cassie to grab groceries the same time that Dean got off work.