21: dance tickets

"You're officially stuck with me Gilmore

"You're officially stuck with me Gilmore."

--☆--☆--☆--

Josh felt like an idiot. He couldn't believe he had suggested going to the dance as friends with Cassie. He wanted her to be his date, not just his friend. The Dawson boy felt stupid for even suggesting it but he thought it would be better to go with her as friends instead of not going with her at all.

Now Josh was heading towards the line to buy two tickets to the formal. One for him and one for his friend Cassie. He got in the line and stood in annoyance, realizing this would take a couple minutes.

Josh rocked back and forth on his heels, waiting for something to do. He didn't know the guy in front of him so when someone arrived behind him, he prayed it was someone he could talk to.

"Oh, hey," He smiled awkwardly, seeing none other than Rory Gilmore.

"Hey," Rory smiled looking up from her book.

Neither of them knew what to say. It's not like they had been friends for weeks and conversation happened easily between them. Rory and Josh knew nothing about each other. Their only connection was Cassie.

"Buying Cass's ticket?" She asked, gesturing to the line they were both in.

"Yeah... you buying your own?" Josh asked, his eyebrows raised slightly. Rory looked up, it didn't take her long to realize that she was the only girl in the line.

"And my dates," She added, earning a curious look from her sister's crush.

Josh smiled, brushing his shoulder against hers. "Oo. Who's the lucky guy?"

Rory blushed slightly, thinking about her bag boy. "He goes to our old school. His name is Dean."

"Dean?" Josh questioned and Rory nodded. "So I get to meet this Dean at the dance?"

"Yes,"

"Well good. I'm looking forward to meeting Dean," Josh smirked, enunciating the word Dean. "And you know if he doesn't treat you right I know someone who can beat him up," Josh told her as he pointed to himself.

"I'll keep that in mind," Rory said with a smile. It should be noted that at this very moment Rory was thinking that Josh was the perfect guy for her sister.

Josh smiled then turned to face forward, letting Rory continue her reading. He looked up seeing Tristan head towards them with two tickets in his hand. "Hey man," the two of them did a little bro handshake. One that would've made Cassie cringe, if she were there.

Tristan nodded at his friend, giving him about two seconds of his time before he noticed Rory. "And she's reading again. How novel."

"Goodbye Tristan," Rory said immediately.