15: shotgun stares

"She looks just like Lorelai."

--☆--☆--☆--

Rory Gilmore wasn't good at keeping secrets. She never has been. It's not her fault, she was raised with Cassidy and Lorelai Gilmore. The two noisiest people alive, especially when it came to Rory's life. They always seemed to know what was going on, and it didn't help that Cassie and Rory actually had twin telepathy.

So when Dean came into Rory's life it was hard for her to keep that from her mother and sister. Dean was the first boy that Rory's ever really liked, her heart flutters everytime she thinks about him and it drives her insane. All she wants to do is ask her sister for advice but she knows that the advice will be served with a side of overprotection.

But then... then the most magical thing happened. He kissed her. Rory's first kiss ever. She went through an entire Friday night dinner without mentioning it. She didn't know how to bring it up, it wasn't exactly something she could talk about in front of her grandparents. But now the Gilmore Girls were back home. Lorelai and Cassie were upstairs sleeping while Rory laid awake, trying to figure out what to do.

"Yes," Rory sat up in her bed, but ultimately shook her head. "No... Maybe." She whispered then she shook her head again. She pushed her duvet to the side, standing up from her bed and walking out the door to her sister's room.

Without wasting time she moved into her sister's bed, tapping her until she woke up. Cassie groaned quietly, pushing Rory's hand off of her as she tried to fall back asleep. Rory kept tapping her, trying to get her to wake up.

"I need to talk to you," Rory spoke quietly.

Cassie opened her eyes slightly, looking at the clock on her bedside that read 1:32. "You want to talk now?" Cassie's voice was muffled by her pillow and hoarse from sleep but Rory was determined to wake her up.

"Yes now."

Cassie let out a groan of annoyance but she rolled over, lifting up her blanket letting Rory get under her covers. "Fine." Rory smiled getting under the blankets. "I'm listening."

"You remember Dean, right?"

"Mhm," Cassie hummed, her eyes still closed.

"I saw him today," Rory told her, waiting for a response from sister but Cassie didn't say anything. "After school," She added.

"I thought you saw Lane after school," Cassie said, her voice still muffled.

"Before I saw Lane I went to the market," Rory said, beginning the story she wanted to tell her sister all day. "Dean was working, and I was pretending to shop and whatever."