39: floss thief

"Absolutely perfect"

--☆--☆--☆--

The Gilmore morning ritual was not complete without a trip to Luke's. Every morning the Gilmores were sitting at a table in their favorite diner, drinking the best coffee in the world, eating their favorite comfort food. It was a tradition.

Which is why the Gilmore women were sitting at a table together, Lorelai telling them a story while the girls thought about the food that they'd order in a couple of minutes.

"So then he starts ripping my 20 dollar bill into a million pieces I'm thinking to myself, "there is a store full of people. Why am I the one on-line with the crazy magician?"' Lorelai asked her daughters, stopping when Rory yawned. "Okay, I'll cut to the end. He couldn't put it back together and had to pay me in quarters."

"Very good story," Rory told her.

Lorelai let out a sigh looking at her oldest daughter. "You look tired."

"I just haven't been sleeping very well," Rory told her.

"How come?" Lorelai asked her.

"I have a lot on my mind."

"Anything I can do?" Lorelai asked as Cassie tilted her head to see the tired look on her sister's face.

"Flag down the coffee."

"Arm going up now," Lorelai lifted her arm, waving Luke over to them. Rory yawned again, causing a worried look to appear on the faces of her mother and sister. "Honey, you gotta wake up."

"We should play," Cassie suggested and that automatically made Rory's face light up.

"One, two, three?"

"I'll go first," Lorelai said excitedly and they all looked out the window.

"And... one," the Gilmores turned just as an older man passed by the window they were sitting by. After taking a moment to look at him the twins turned to their mother, waiting for her answer.

"Pass," Lorelai decided.

"Why?" Cassie asked her, glancing from the window to her mom.

"Because I'm not Anna Nicole Smith. Next."

They all turned looking out the window again to see who the next guy would be. "And... two," Rory said as a younger guy on a skateboard road by.

"Pass."

"Why?"

"Because I'm not Mary Kay LeTourneau," Lorelai answered.

"Okay," Rory sighed and the three girls looked out the window again.