11: cursed invitations

"Luke you old softie."

--☆--☆--☆--

The Gilmore Girls were not looking forward to this Friday. Of course they had the entire week before Friday arrived but it was already a source of stress for the twins. This Friday was the twins birthday and of course that meant their birthday would be spent with their grandparents. Now while they normally were fine spending their Fridays with their grandparents the twins were actually looking forward to having a normal Friday night spent in Stars Hollow.

Everyone would come to their house and they'd eat all the delicious food Sookie would make for them. All would be right in the world. But of course Emily doesn't know no for an answer. So they'd be able to have their Stars Hollow gathering but on the Saturday after their birthdays. But what they didn't realize was Emily was planning an entire party for the girls, a party they didn't want.

Cassie Gilmore was innocently walking through the hallways of Chilton with a book in her hand. She was trying to get to the cafeteria but her plan to get there unnoticed didn't go as she planned when she heard Josh running up behind her.

"Hey Gilmore!"

"What?" She quickly turned around, catching him slightly off guard since he had to take a small step backwards.

"I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday," He laughed.

"It's not my birthday," Cassie said confused.

"I'm a couple days early, sue me."

"Wait, how did you know-" Before Cassie could even finish answering her question Josh held up a small letter.

"On Friday, at 4:03 and and 4:14 in the morning, Lorelai Leigh and Cassidy Hayden-"

Cassie grabbed the letter out of his hand, stopping Josh mid sentence. She looked down at the letter or rather the invitation to a birthday party that Cassie didn't know about. She continued reading the letter, growing more and more annoyed by the second.

"When did you get this?"

"It was in my mail," Josh shrugged, not understanding why Cassie was so confused. "I have to say I am honored to receive such an invitation."

"Who else got one?"

"Everybody."

"Oh, now you're kidding," Cassie scoffed, shaking her head as she looked down at the letter again. "I'm keeping this," She told him before walking away.