22: shielded tacos

"They have lived with you too long

"They have lived with you too long."

--☆--☆--☆--☆--☆--

The twins were eagerly getting ready for the dance. Neither of them thought they'd be this excited to attend a Chilton formal but they were. They were as excited as they could be. Cassie was upstairs changing and Rory was downstairs, both of them getting ready at their own pace. Yet, somehow they finished at the same time.

Cassie was now staring at her reflection looking at the dress Lorelai had made for her. It was gorgeous, Cassie couldn't believe it. She looked like she was getting ready for the ball, not a high school dance.

"Come on, already!" Lorelai called from downstairs.

"I'm primping," Rory yelled back.

Lorelai rolled her eyes, "You're 16! You have skin like a baby's ass! There's nothing to primp!"

Cassie smiled, fixing a strand of her hair which was in a half up half down style that Lorelai did for her that afternoon. "I'm coming!" Cassie called down.

"Here I come," Rory said a few seconds later.

Within seconds the twins met in the living room, where Lorelai was sitting on the couch. The twins smiled at each other, looking at the other's dresses. They both did a quick twirl, showing the finished product off to their mom.

"Wow, someone hit you two with the pretty stick," Lorelai gushed.

"This dress is amazing," Rory complimented.

Cassie nodded in agreement. "Seriously Mom, you outdid yourself."

"It's beautiful. You both look beautiful," Lorelai said with a bright smile as she looked at her daughters. "Come here," Lorelai waved Rory over to her.

"What?"

"Stray hair."

"Fix please," Rory requested as she sat down on the table across from the couch. Lorelai reached forward, fixing the stand of hair that was out of place. "Thank you."

"Hmm," Lorelai hummed looking down at her daughter's entire outfit. "I think my favorite part is the shoes."

Cassie tilted her head down, looking at Rory's shoes. "Oh they're classic," Cassie said, letting out a laugh when she saw the chunk black boots Rory had on.

"The heels hurt," Rory informed them.

"The heels are a key part of the outfit," Cassie reminded her sister.

"Beauty is pain," Lorelai added, agreeing with her youngest daughter.

"I'll wear 'em on my way out," Rory shrugged.