(18)

Mahi and Sakshi left the room after sometime. Anushka and Ritika once again turned to Virat and Rohit who were busy in their phones.

'What's up with u both ? Why are u not telling Athiya or us whatever it is ?' Asked Anushka exasperated.

'Nush we cannot tell Athiya what happened when she was gone' said Virat

'But why did she leave Vi ?' Asked Anushka.

'Why are u asking this now Nush?' Asked Virat. This was the only thing Anushka didn't know about Virat's life.

'Why can't u tell me Vi ? What's wrong? U never even tell me about it. Don't u trust me or Ritz for that matter ?' Asked Anushka with hurt eyes. She wanted to know so that she could help him.

Rohit and Ritika were just watching it helplessly. This was the first time Anushka and Virat were arguing about something.

'It's not like that Nush. It's just past and he wants to forget it.' Said Rohit supporting Virat.

'I understand Ro it's just if he could trust me with it but he don't' said Anushka with moist eyes. Virat was still silent and seeing that silence Anushka left the room with Ritika.

Ritika hugged her and she cried a bit more. They were leaving when Anushka collided with Athiya.

'I am so sorry Nush, I didn't see' said Athiya apologising her.

'It's okay baby. It's my fault anyways' said Anushka.

'We have to leave. Bye take care of urself' said Ritika not wanting Athiya to worry.

Athiya was going to stop them when she saw tears in Anushka's eyes. She went to Virat's room to know what happened.

Meanwhile in Virat's room -

He was pacing in the room and Rohit was trying to calm him down.
'Calm down Vi' said Rohit.

'What calm down Ro ? I drove Nush away from me today .. u saw how she had tears in her eyes because I couldn't say anything the same I drove away my sister because I couldn't speak to her'

'Aisa nahi hai Vi' said Rohit.

'Let it b Ro I have to go to a meeting. Meet u later' said Virat.

Virat opened the door and saw Athiya.
'Bhai u okay ?' Asked Athiya

'Ya' said Virat and left from there.

'What happened to him Ro bhai ?' Asked Athiya

'He was in hurry he has got a meeting with the mgmt .. I also need to leave.. see u later' said Rohit leaving the room.

The whole day Virat and Rohit kept themselves busy. Ritika updated Rohit that Anushka was okay.

Athiya just did her work whole day having some feeling back of her mind that something was wrong with her Bhai and Bhabhi.

In night she waited for Virat but he just texted that he will be late and told her to sleep. Same with Rohit when she asked Rohit.

Next day morning she hoped that she could meet Virat but he was not in his room.

'Ro bhai' she called Rohit who was engrossed in his phone.

'Ha ? Kya hua' aksed Rohit

'Bhai Kaha hai kal se nahi dikhe' asked Athiya

'Cupcake uska match hai aaj , don't u remember he had alternate day matches' said Rohit

'And before u ask hum Aaj match nahi dekhne ja sakte because he has said no' said Rohit

'Toh phir atleast aap toh raho mere sath match dekhne ke liye' said Athiya pleading to him.

'Ha okay done' said Rohit.

Rohit along with Harry and Jassi sat in Athiya's room to watch the match. It was RCBvsKXIP. Match was going good till now.
Suddenly there was a important wicket and Virat was underneath it.

'Catch Bhai / Vi / Virat bhai' murmured all of them.
And screamed a sec later after he took it.

But when they turned their attention to screen they saw Virat lying on the ground with his bleeding hand to his chest.

'What the hell happened?' Said Rohit seeing that.

Athiya increased the volume and heard the commentators saying that 'it was bleeding a lot' Virat was taken off the field.

They all sat silently Jassi gripping Athiya's hand because she was afraid about what happened.

But to their shock Virat came out to bat. And he batted really well .. he made a century in that match.

'Is he okay Ro ?' Asked Anushka calling Rohit

'I don't know Nush .. but don't worry I will update u' said Rohit softly

RCB won and the team came back to the hotel. Anushka and Ritika too came there.
Everyone was waiting for Virat.

'Bhai' called Athiya and hugged him. 'Are u okay' she asked. 'Yes don't worry bacha .. I am okay'

'Athiya let him rest now okay. Go and sleep it's late' said Rohit assuring her.

Rohit along with Anushka and Ritika took him to his room.
'Are u okay Vi ?' Asked Anushka

'Ya Nush Don't ...' began Virat but held his head as he feeling dizzy. All the adrenaline rush had been gone till now.

Rohit held him and took him to the bed. Virat was totally dizzy ... 'Mahi bhai' he mumbled

'He is calling Mahi bhai Ro' said Ritika who heard it.

'Ofcourse how can I forget .. whenever he is sick or he is hurt he always needs Mahi bhai'

Rohit called Mahi bhai in the room.

Mahi sat beside Virat and asked seeing his hand bandaged - 'what happened ?'

'Didn't u see the match bhai?' Asked Rohit seeing him clueless. To which Mahi said No.

'He got hurt while taking a catch and has 8 stiches on his hand. But still this idiot chose to go out for bat and hit a century'
Rohit said complaining yet in a proud tone.

'Aisa Kyu karta hai tu Cheeku'
Mahi said softly caressing his hair to which Virat just shifted in his lap.

'Dard ho raha hai ?'
Mahi asked seeing his hand.

'Nahi bhai itna nahi'
Virat said hugging him feeling the warmth.

'Kya baat hai bacha'
Mahi asked him as he observed Virat was trying to hide himself.

'I am tired Bhai .. I am really tired from not facing the past .. I remember it every day and scared to loose my sister again.'
Virat mumbled which confused Mahi as he didn't know anything and he never asked.
Anushka, Rohit and Ritika heard that.

'So don't run from it.. share it if u want. I am here na .. we are all here we will help you'
Mahi told him softly even if didn't know what it was.

——————————————
Do tell me how u liked this one !

Next part will be the past revelation..

Drop down ur comments !!

See u in next !