(33)

Next morning Mahi and Rohit woke up first .. Virat was still sleeping. Rohit went out of the room and called Ritika telling her to bring Anushka soon.

Mahi - 'Cheeku, get up kiddo'
He said ruffling his hair softly.

Virat just got up and cuddled Mahi keeping his head on his chest. Mahi kept hand on his forehead to check if fever is there or not.

Mahi - 'Cheeku, fever toh nahi hai .. uth ja Abhi u need to eat something'
He said.

Virat - 'Bhai thodi der plz'
He said closing his eyes.

Mahi sat there as Virat dozed off again for a bit. Rohit came in the room and saw Virat like that.

Rohit - 'Mujhe aaj tak nhi samaj aya .. ki how he becomes a child infront of you .. and then suddenly brother infront of Athiya .. never shows any emotions like this infront of Athiya..'

Virat just cuddled more .. Mahi and Rohit chuckled at that. Athiya slowly entered the room. Rohit smirked at that and got a perfect opportunity to show Athiya how much a child Vi was.

Rohit signalled Athiya to not say anything and sit quietly. Mahi saw that and shake his head in amusement ..

Mahi was going to get up .. but Virat said - 'Bhai please dont go'

Athiya was surprised to see Virat like that .. she never saw him like a child .. always as a big brother.

Mahi - 'Cheeku bache .. get up now ! Kitna time ho gaya hai .. why are u being lazy today?'

Virat cuddled more closer to him and said - 'Bhai thodi der aur plz .. meko kal fever tha na. please na stay with me'

Athiya and Rohit were chuckling at that. Mahi was glaring them to stop. Ofcourse it was his Cheeku.

Mahi - 'Ha toh mai kahi nahi ja raha... Abhi common Cheeku be a good boy .. get up, freshen up and then we can have breakfast'

Virat got up reluctantly.. got aware that Athiya was in his room.

Virat - 'Bacha what are u doing here ? Did u have ur breakfast'

Hearing that everyone laughed at his sudden change of tone. Virat got confused about it and Athiya just hugged him and said - 'Bhai u are so cute!'

Virat hugged her back and glared at Rohit understanding what he did.

Mahi - 'Chalo enough of this .. Cheeku go n freshen up.'

Virat came out after freshening up .. he found Athiya there .. 'u okay bacha ?' He asked softly.

Athiya - 'Bhai, Mujhe aap se jaruri baat karni hai .. breakfast ke baad kare'

Virat - 'Ofcourse ..'

Athiya asked in concern - 'bhai aap thik ho na .. aapko fever toh nahi hai ?'

Virat - 'Nhi abhi fever nahi hai, sorry I scared you.'

Athiya just hugged him and said - 'Bhai dont be sorry, Just take care of urself. I cannot see u in pain'

Virat patted her head lovingly and said - 'I will take care okay'

Rahul barged in his room and saw Athiya there.

Virat - 'Hey Rah ! All okay?'
He asked breaking the hug.

Rahul - 'I should have asked that Virat .. how are u now?'
he asked remembering his fever.

Virat - 'I am good now .. dont worry .. how did u know I was sick'
He asked

Athiya - 'umm bhai I told him ..'
she said hesitantly

Rahul looked at her .. Virat noticed the exchange of looks between them.

Virat cleared his throat .. and Rahul said - 'Virat I need to talk to you something important'

Athiya - 'bhai I am going ahead, u come quickly'
She said and left the room.

Virat sat on the bed and asked - 'Kya baat karni hai Rahul ?'

Rahul was nervous .. he started pacing in the room and Virat had a slight idea .. about what it was.
He was also not sure about it but he was going to give it a thought because it was about his sister.

Rahul - 'umm Virat !!'

Virat - 'yea Rah ??'

Rahul nervously - 'I wanted to talk to u about something important'

Virat said again - 'ya rah am listening'

Rahul nervously- 'Look Virat u know how much I respect u .. and I really love you'

Virat chuckled at that - 'u love me ?'

Rahul - 'It's not funny'

Virat - 'okay okay .. can u calm down and tell me what is it ?'

Rahul - 'ummmm IthinkIreallylikeursister'

Virat didn't understand what he said - 'What did u say ? Say it clearly'

Rahul sat in front of him and fidgeting his fingers - 'Ummm Virat I think I really like Athiya'

Virat was a bit surprised - 'What do u mean by u think ?'

Rahul took a deep breath- 'I mean I really like her .. I know she Is ur sister ! But she really means to me .. I don't know if u approve it or not .. but u mean so much to me that I can't hide to from u for longer .. I don't want to upset u ... but I really care for her ... I .. Virat ...'

Virat was watching and listening to it patiently and saw how nervous he was but also saw what he said was true.

Rahul continued - 'I know u are protective about  her, BRo told me .. but please believe I really care for her and I will protect her'

Virat - 'Rohit knows ?'

Rahul said - 'Umm ya .. i told him first'

Just then Rohit entered in room - 'Chal yaar Vi bhai kabse wait kar rahe hai breakfast ke liye and Athiya is also waiting'

Virat moved towards him and smacked his arm .. and left the room.

Rohit rubbed and said - 'What did I do now ?'

Rahul said - 'ohh no !! He will not talk to me now !!'

Rohit asked - 'what did u do ?'

Rahul - 'BRo I told him that I like Athiya'

Rohit shouted - YOU DID WHAT !

Rahul - 'I also told him that u knew and u were they first person I told to'

Rohit - 'WHAT !!! I AM DEAD NOW'

——————————
Hello whoever is still reading this story ! It is a short update !!!

Drop ur votes and comments !!

Happy reading !!