2. Insecurity?

It's been months after I knew about her. Few days after her husband's funeral, I tried to research something about her, to know her more, out of curiosity. I learned that she's a lawyer and was working for PAO. I also learned something funny about her and her husband. Since her husband was the mayor of Naga in the past, he tried to remove "jueteng" in his town. Couple of men were arrested and here comes the funny part. Those men were given to her wife, Leni, which was a lawyer in PAO. As a public lawyer, definitely you can't choose your clients. So Jesse tried to put them in jail while his wife, Leni, tried to make them free. I found it cute, tho.
After some time of reading articles about the Robredos, I tended to forget about them and focused on my own track.

Campaign period is also coming and some of my colleagues who will end their 6 year-term want to be re-elected and some just wanted to go back as mayors and governors.
One of my closest colleagues in the Senate, Loren, invited me for a dinner and she told me that she's going to make me meet someone. She told me that we may be fond with each other since we have a lot of similarities. I didn't mind to ask her who, even asking if it's a man or a woman. Well I wish it's a man para naman magkakulay na ulit buhay ko. Choz!
I just agreed since I don't have any further plans for the rest of the day.

I finished preparing around 6:30 PM and decided to drive myself going to the restaurant where my colleague told me to meet her. It was not too far from my house so after 20 minutes or so, I arrived. I looked around right after I entered the restaurant and there, I saw her. I immediately walked towards the table where she was sitting and gave our greetings by a "beso".

"Late na ba ako?" I asked.

"No. We just arrived." she answered.

Oh, yes. "We" but I couldn't see someone with her at the moment.

"Oh. She's in the washroom." she said when she noticed the question mark in my face.
"Nagmadali syang pumunta kasi nacoconscious daw sya sa itsura nya since she's going to meet you." she added. I laughed a bit.

"Bakit naman? And she knows me?"

"Malamang. You're one of the maaangas na mambabatas. Sino ba namang di makakakilala sa'yo."

"Sus. You don't need to flatter me like that."

"Totoo naman yun Senator Risa." she added.

"Stop." me protesting because I don't get used to get too much compliments

"Oh. Andyan na pala sya." her saying while looking at my side.
"I want you to meet, Leni. Leni, si Risa."

I looked at her direction and I was stunned.

"Oh my God. I didn't expect na ganito sya kaganda sa malapitan." I said behind my mind. Her eyes were so beautiful. It feels like I am drifting into another dimension. Her smile, oh my God those dimples. Her good figure was also perfectly showed in her fitted dark blue dress.

"It's finally nice meeting you, Senator Risa." she greeted me while extending her hand to make a handshake with me but I didn't absorb it right away since I was too stunned to see her. She waited for some couple of seconds and decided to bring down her hand since I didn't reciprocate the act. I just got into my normal state of mind when I saw the change of the mood on her face. Did I become too rude not to accept her hand? To cover it, I decided to lean next to her and gave her a "beso".

"Handshaking is too formal Mrs. Robredo. My pleasure to meet you, too." jusko sana natawid ko. Nakakahiya.
She then smiled again with those beautiful eyes.

We sitted and my colleague brought up topics to be talked about while we were eating since parang pareho pa kami nagkakahiyaan ni Leni. My colleague also mention that Leni will run as a Congresswoman in her district in Naga. I am actually happy to hear that news since I know she has the knowledge to do the job. I wished her luck and she just thanked me.

While we were doing stuffs like eating and talking, I couldn't help myself to look at her. She looks perfect. I feel a bit pinch inside me but I couldn't understand why I was feeling that way. Am I insecure? Isang Risa Hontiveros, naiinsecure na ngayon? But for sure, I really really find her beautiful.

After eating, she awkwardly asked for my number.

"Uhmmm. May I have your phone number, Risa?"

"Sure. Was about to ask you the same thing. Naunahan mo lang ako." totoo naman. Gusto ko ding kunin yung number nya. I found her nice and modest so baka nga magclick kaming dalawa.

While I was typing my phone number in her phone, I could see that smile with dimples on her face again in the side of my eyes.
Ganito ba sya kasayahing tao? Ang sipag ngumiti.

After we ate and finished talking, we all decided to bid our goodbyes and promised to see each other around if we have the chance. I went to my car and stared myself in the mirror.

"How I wish I am as pretty as Leni..."

--------
Hope you like this chapter 😘
SEE YOU AROUND MGA BACCLAAAAA 💜💗🌈