ICAD

Note: Please be reminded that all of the things that you're going to read here are just parts of my malikot na imagination. If you are uncomfortable with this type of story, please don't read.
Everything that you may read here, MUST STAY HERE. Thank you.
Layag mga kabacclaan!
--------

LENI'S POV

Time flies so fast. I finished the half of my term as the vice president of my beloved country, and three bloody more years to go. The last three years was not a joke. It was like a roller coaster ride, with more extreme heights. I've been under a lot of circumstances. I've been the center of criticism, allegations and fake news. Was I affected emotionally and mentally? No. I know to myself I am just doing what I think is right for the people. I've been known as an opposition of PRRD's regiment so what would I expect, right? I promised him before that I would be more than willing to cooperate with him as long as it's right. But if I think it would badly affect the country, especially its people, I need to stand with my principles. And yes, it happened eventually. And because of it, the OVP was given a very limited mandate so we need to work by ourselves, talking and working with private investors and volunteers. I also lost my cabinet positions many times. A lot of actions and programs by PRRD were against my beliefs and principles for the people, especially the war on drug. So, we weren't really able to meet good agreements.

First days of November 2019, I received an offer from PRRD. He was offering me a position in ICAD as Anti-drug Body co-chairman. I was in doubt at first. He knew I was against it so it was really questionable why he was offering me a position for it.

"Love, busy ka ba? Daan ka naman dito sa OVP. Can't wait to go home for this e. I need some advice for something." I texted Risa the moment I finished reading the document they sent me for the position.

"Sure. I'll be out in 15 minutes, Pangga. See you there po." she replied.

After more than 30 minutes, Risa arrived.

"Feel kong stressed ang Pangga ko so here's some choco hot fudge for you." she said the moment she entered my office.

She really knows me, and she never failed to do something to make me feel better.

Can't help but to smile.

"Lakas ko talaga sa'yo noh. Stressed kana, nakukuha mo pang kiligin." she said.

"E bat po kasi ang sweet sweet mo?"

"Mas sweet pa dyan sa choco hot fudge?"

I stood up, walked towards her and cupped her chin.

"Yes. But this is the sweetest." then I owned her lips.

She slapped me on my arm.

"Ang landi landi talaga neto. Work time pa po mada'am VP." she said trying to hide her cheeks blushing.

"Sige. Mamaya ka sakin pag'uwi."

"Maria Leonor!"

I walked back and sat on my chair.

"What Ana Theresia?" and I bit my lower lip showing her.

I saw her panicked.
Cute cute talaga ng Risa ko.

"Ewan ko sa'yo. So ano? Akala ko ba importante kaya mo ako pinapunta? E lalandiin mo lang pala ako."

I laughed.

"Actually, wag nalang pala. Landiin nalang talaga kita. Upo ka sakin. Lika ka."

"Maria Leonor. Isa pa, lalayasan na kita rito."

"Di biro lang.. Oo na po. Eto na."

Then I extended my arm to show her the papers. She sat and read it carefully.

"Oh my God, 'ga! Is this serious?!" she exclaimed.

"I think so. Bakante ang position e, I checked."

"Isn't this too risky for you? This may be a trap, Pangga."

"I know. That's why I am asking for your words, love."

"Wait. This is making me overthink things. What if they are planning to do to you what they did to Senator Delima? They made false accusations just to send her in jail because Delima knows too much and she already exposed a lot of things against PRRD. Kapag andyan kana, definitely you will know a lot of things behind the oplan."

"I am thinking about that as well, actually. So, should I decline nalang ba?"

"Do you want to do this ba?"

"Noon pa man, you know how much I want to do something about this war on drugs. Sabi ko, kahit isang inosenteng buhay lang ang maligtas ko, it would be a big help already. Maybe this is my chance to do that."

"You really have a brave ass heart, 'ga."

"Ha? Anong ass? Diba anus yun?"

Risa burst out laughing.

"Ewan ko sa'yo, 'ga!"
"Anyway, as much as I worry about your safety, I will still support you if you want to accept it. I know you really have a big heart to help the people, and if you think this may be a way, I will be always behind your back, cheering you."

For many years, I never heard Risa stopping me when it comes to our job. I know sometimes she wants to, but she still chooses to let me because she knows it's for the country. And that's what I love about her, too. We share the same beliefs and principles so we would always choose the country first, before ourselves.

"Thank you, love."

"Don't worry. I have the AKBAYAN din naman to support you if you need help. Just tell me anytime kung ano mahehelp namin. And for sure the Liberal Party would back you up as well. For sure, kasangga mo ang buong mundo sa ipaglalaban mong alam mong tama, 'ga."

"I think that would be too much." I chuckled.

I held her hand.

"I just need one person and that's you, Risa."

----
And we're bacccccck. Lahat na ba nasaktan ng Torn? Pasensya na tao lang HAHAHAHA
SEE YOU AROUND 🌈💗💜

Papromote lang : Visit my profile here in Wattpad. I have other stories entitled Adrift. Most are one-shots. Enjoy 😘🌈