Reassurance

Note: Please be reminded that all of the things that you're going to read here are just parts of my malikot na imagination. If you are uncomfortable with this type of story, please don't read.
Everything that you may read here, MUST STAY HERE. Thank you.
Layag mga kabacclaan!
------

"At the end of the day, you can either focus on what's tearing you apart or what's keeping you together."

It's been almost a year since Leni was proclaimed as the vice president of the Philippines. Her win wasn't smooth as we know how dirty the politics is. A lot of bashing, allegations and fake news were circulating almost every day. Marcos also couldn't accept that someone new in the politics, someone who's not popular enough, was able to win over him. Because of this, his supporters threw more negative and malicious allegations towards Leni, like, defrauding the results. Even her personal life wasn't able to escape from bad mouthing of opponent's supporters.

Leni was aware about everything but she chose to remain silent as she knew to herself that nothing was true from those allegations. Even her kids became victims but she also told them to ignore and continue their normal living. It wasn't easy for the kids to cope up but seeing their mom handling the issues calmly and unbothered, they were able to live with it as well.

While working on different papers, one of her staff came to her and showed her something.

"Oh my god. Pati ba naman yan?" she said when she saw the article.

"Wala po ba tayong gagawin tungkol dito, mada'am?" her staff asked.

"Should we? We all know Bolet and I are just close friends, tsaka jusko naman. May asawa yung tao."

"Yes, mada'am. Pero pano po yung mapapaniwala nitong article? Baka mamaya magcause pa po 'to ng bigger problem in relation po sa mga investors na connected kay Cong Bolet."

"Matagal na may ganitong issue diba? Campaign period palang. Hayaan nyo na. Mawawala din yan. Kung may maniniwala man, di naman tayo ang lugi." Leni said.

"Sige po, mada'am. Kayo po bahala. Sabihan nyo nalang po kami anytime if may actions po kayong gustong gawin."

Leni just nodded and went back on reading and signing documents.

For a moment, she thought of Risa. Definitely, Risa would know about this and now she felt worried about how would she feel.

Risa was aware that she and Bolet were always together during the campaign period. And even now, they still see each other from time to time since Bolet was assigned to fix things between her and small groups over the country, and Risa is still aware of it.

"Hi, love. May gagawin ka ba mamaya after work? Dinner tayo mamaya sa labas." Leni texted Risa.

"I'm always free basta para sa'yo, Pangga." Risa replied.

"Okay. I'll pick you up pag galing ko dito. See you. I love you."

"I love you too, Pangga. Gabi gabi naman kita nakikita pero naeexcite pa rin ako palagi."

Leni continued doing her tasks but she couldn't stop herself from smiling because of what Risa said.

It's almost 6:30 in the evening, so Leni started to pack things up and got ready to fetch Risa, when someone entered her office.

"Good evening, my girlfriend. Ay este mada'am VP." the man greeted.

"Uy, loko ka."

The man laughed. "E yun yung sabi ng netizens e. Girlfriend daw kita."