Cebu

As soon as Leni accepted PRRD's offer for the ICAD Anti-body co-chair, she immediately started to work and studied the Oplan Tokhang. She would spend literally the whole day plus the night to understand the situation and to come up with the best strategies and solutions. Because of this, she didn't have much time for anything else, except for working. Risa on the other hand understood the situation and still supported Leni. She would also spend the whole night to accompany Leni while working.

"Love, tulog kana. Di mo na ako kelangang hintayin. Matagal pa 'to. Mapupuyat ka."

"It's okay, 'ga. Don't mind me. Hihintayin kita. Sasabayan kita kahit anong oras kapa matapos dyan."

"E may trabaho ka din bukas."

"Ikaw din naman diba. E di damay tayong maging zombie." and Risa chuckled.

Leni released a sigh.

"Basta kapag inantok kana, 'wag nang pilitin ha?"

"Okay 'ga. Sige na. Work ka lang dyan. Dito lang ako. Sabihan mo lang ako kung may kelangan ka. Tubig? Snacks? Chocnuts? Cheetos? Or me?"

Leni just shook her head.

"Maria Leonor, pinapapili kita. Hmmm. Ayusin mo mga desisyon mo sa buhay."

"Tubig nga po." and Leni gave Risa a naughty smile.

"Ay wow! Pssh. Ikaw kumuha dun mag'isa!" Risa ranted.

"Di na mabiro e. Lika nga."

Risa even trying to be a baby still obeyed Leni.

Leni hugged her waist.

"Palaging ikaw naman pipiliin ko kahit wala ka sa choices."

"Che. Sige na. Work kana."

Risa turned her back from Leni but she smiled because of kilig.

While Leni was reading some documents and watching videos and news about the oplan, Risa entertained herself by watching youtube or movies. Or sometimes she would also review some documents just to keep up with Leni. It was kept in that way for many days. And even Risa stayed up very late with Leni, she would still cook breakfast the next day for Leni and for the kids. She would still prepare everything Leni would need for the whole day.

One night, while still doing the usual routine of the two, Risa fell asleep lying her back on the headboard of the bed, still wearing her eyeglasses and holding a book. Leni noticed it so she removed Risa's eyeglasses and the book in her hand. She also fixed Risa's position so she could be more comfortable in sleeping.

Leni stared Risa for a while.

She got teary-eye remembering the days and nights Risa spent to keep up with her in her new job.

"What did I do to deserve someone like you Risa.." then she kissed Risa's forehead.

Few more days have passed, Leni went home devastated but excited for Risa.
While eating dinner, Leni decided to bring up the news.

"Love, alis tayo." Leni started.

"Hmmm? Papunta saan 'ga?"

"Cebu."

Risa's eyes widened.

"May ano sa Cebu? May work ka dun?"

"Wala."

"So ano nga?"

"Kasi po. Dika na magpupuyat. Di mo na ako kelangan sabayan magtrabaho."

"Ha? Naguguluhan ako. Bakit hindi na? Anong kinalaman ng Cebu?"