SOULMATE

Uulitin ko ulit, WHAT'S IN WATTPAD, STAYS IN WATTPAD. This is our way of coping and making ourselves happy, so please, mag-ingat naman sana.

------
LENI'S POV

Two days after our anniversary, Loren messaged me that Risa was in her place, drinking and crying.

"Pupunta ka ba?" she asked.

"Baka hindi na muna, Loren. Mukhang di pa naman sya ready kausapin at makinig sa'kin e. I'll give her some space muna. At baka makaeskandalo pa kami dyan sainyo, nakakahiya. Please, look after her for me, Loren. And please update me from time to time if you can. Thank you."

"I understand, Leni. I will look after her while she's here. Don't worry. Sana maayos nyo pa 'to."

Sana nga Loren.

The next day, I decided to talk to Rona, one of my staff, to set a meeting sa isa sa kahit sinong nagrireach out saamin to have an interview regarding sa issues na ibinabato saakin. I think it's really time to speak up. I really need to do bigger actions now that my relationship with Risa is already affected. I need to prove to her na hindi ko sya niloloko. It's not the best time to reveal our relationship but at least, I need to clean my name, especially having a relationship with someone else.

I was scheduled to have an interview 2 days from now. I asked my staff to call Bolet and have him in my office today. I need to cut ties with him. It doesn't matter if it will affect my job. My relationship with Risa is at risk right now and I can't prioritize anything else over her.

Bolet went to OVP earlier than expected. His face looked terrible as I could see embarrassment on it. Punyeta, dapat lang.

"You wanna see me daw, mada'am VP?"

"Yes. I want to clear things up with you, Bolet. I know you and Jesse were friends, close friends actually. That's why I let you in in my life to help me with my duties. You were a big help, and I am grateful about that, trully. Alam mo naman siguro na puntirya ako ng kabilang partido and they keep on throwing malicious dramas and news about me, and that includes you. I know you are aware of that since nabanggit mo rin sya noon. At first, it didn't bother me because alam naman natin kung anong meron tayo diba? I am the VP and you're the person assigned to iron things along my way. That's it, right? But you crossed the line, Bolet. I wasn't really expecting your actions, thinking na kaibigan mo pa naman ang asawa ko. What happened, Bolet?"

"Sorry, Leni. I know hindi tama ang ginawa ko and I would not try to make excuses about it."

"I can't risk things now anymore. Especially may mga tao nasasaktan because of this issues. Sorry. But I decided to stop any connections with you."

I saw his face changed because of shock.

"W-what? Pano yung mga trabaho natin?"

"It's fine. You can leave all of them. We will still continue the pending projects. I already talked to my staff and they will find another person to secure your obligations here in OVP. That's all for today. Thank you for your service and good luck. You may leave now, Bolet."

Still in shock, Bolet walked out from my office.

I feel bad but I need to do this. He disrespected me, especially his friendship with Jesse, and worse, naging dahilan pa ng actions nya ang matindi naming misunderstanding ni Risa.

Later that night, my niece Gaile visited us with her Natalia.

"Lola Leni, what is soulmate?" Natalia asked me while playing with her toys beside me.

I took a deep breath remembering Jesse and Risa from Natalia's question.

"It's a. . Well. It's like a bestfriend, but more. It's the one person in the world that knows you more than anyone else. A someone who makes you a better person. Actually, they don't make you a better person - you do that yourself because they inspire you. A someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you and accepted you, believe you before anyone else do or when no one else would. And no matter what happens, you will always love them. Nothing can ever change that... " I answered forgetting I was talking with a toddler.

"Ma, si Natalia kausap nyo po, ah. Naintindihan mo ba sinabi ni lola Leni, Natalia?" Tricia said.

"Hmmm. I think I do. But lola Leni. Can we have many soulmates?"

"Of course. Lola Leni has two. Well, she lost the other one many years ago. That's your lolo Jesse, but lolo Jesse is still in lola Leni's heart." Tricia explained.

"Who is the other one?" Natalia asked again.

"Well, ask your lola Leni because she's about to lose that other one, too."

I gave Tricia a deadly stare and she just gave me her mischievous smile.

"You will know that person, too Natalia. But for now, lola Leni will do every thing first not lose that person."

"Go lola Leni! Fighting." Natalia cheered me up.

Yes. I will do everything not to lose her.

-----
SEE YOU AROUND 🌈💗💜