3. Insecurity? (2)

Note: Please be reminded that all of the things that you're going to read here are just parts of my malikot na imagination. If you are uncomfortable with this type of story, please don't read.
Everything that you may read here, MUST STAY HERE. Thank you.
Layag mga kabacclaan!

--------
The campaign and election period had past and I heard Leni was elected as a congresswoman in her district but she's not yet sitting as one, she already met problems. Her opponent accused her for defrauding the result of the voting. She was on news again. But this time, much more confident and fierce compared to the first time I saw her on news more than a year ago. She faced all the questions bravely. If I am the one to be asked, of course I don't believe Leni could do that mischief. Well, men will always be insecure to women's achievements.

Because of that news, Leni's name became loud all over the Congress and even in the Senate. Most of them were talking about her and some of the men expressed their admiration to the lady. Some of them even made jokes of having her as their girlfriend since she's a widow.

"So this is Leni's effect on you guys, huh." I said to myself.
Well can't blame them tho. I think Leni is worth of every admiration they have for her.

Watching and listening to them talking about Leni made me feel heavy again. But honestly, I don't exactly know what I feel. I actually don't mind men not noticing or admiring me but why do I feel this way.

"Jusko Risa first time mo ata mainggit sa kapwa mo babae." I just huffed and continue browsing some documents when my phone beeped. It was a message from an unknown number.

"Hi Senator Risa! Sorry for reaching you out this late. Ang tagal ko nang nakuha number mo pero ngayon lang kasi ako nagkatime since busy sa campaign and election. I hope you're doing fine and sorry for the late notice. I would love to invite you sana tonight sa small party that I will have to celebrate my victory. I would be very happy if you will be there. Don't worry. I didn't invite too many people. Just the group who helped me during the campaign period and some close friends. I hope to see you there. I'll send you the details later.

-Leni :)"

It made my heart jump. I felt overwhelmed. She mentioned that she didn't invite too many people, only close friends. Is she already considering me as one? How kind she is.

"Hello Congresswoman Leni :) thank you for the invitation. Of course, I would love to come. See you!" I replied.

After that, she replied with a smiley and a heart emoji.

Later on that day, I still just did my tasks before deciding to go back home at 3pm to prepare myself for Leni's victory party at 6pm. I heard Loren was also invited so I felt more at ease knowing that I will have someone with me in the party.

I decided to take a bath for 1 hour since I wanted to relax a bit and put some simple make up after. I also chose a simple dress since ayoko namang sapawan si Leni hahaha. I chose a lavender one and of course, with my alampay. It's still early to go when I finished with my routine so I decided to buy something for Leni as a congratulatory gift but I actually didn't know what to buy. At the end, I just ended to buy some flowers. It's also funny that I didn't even know what flower to choose. Well, I just chose pink roses since it symbolizes naman "admiration". I admit. I admire her braveness and courage.

I then drove to the place she texted me and I also communicated with Loren para sabay na kaming pumasok sa loob. When I reached the place, Loren also just arrived. She was holding a champagne which I just thought, bakit di nalang din ganon naisip ko.

"Mukha kang manliligaw Risa." she told me na mukhang natatawa.

"I honestly don't know what to give her kasi. Bakit ba? Bawal ba magbigay ng flowers sa kapwa babae? I mean, it's common naman diba."