Chapter 5 - Streams

I genuinely hope I made you like Jennifer. Just kind of hoped for that. No other reason at all.

Anyway let's get going.

____________________________________________

Ricardo, Norris and Marcus were walking to try and catch up to the girls.

"Think we're here. In time too, it's nearly dark." Marcus said as he looked ahead.

Gal and Jennifer had stopped, waiting for them.

"Come on you slow fucks! It'll be next year by the time you catch up!" Gal shouted to them.

Eventually they all caught up and were now just outside of the village. Jennifer walked ahead and was eventually met by someone elderly and another younger guy.

"Jennifer? You're back." The guy said.

Team RAGE looked at eachother weirdly. He didn't sound..... like anything. He didn't sound worried or relieved or angry. He just said that like a statement.

"Yes. I was in trouble in the next town, but then these people came to save me. They saved the whole town." Jennifer explained.

"I see. It's good that you're back." The woman said.

For some reason, something felt off about what she said. Once again, it didn't sound like relief. Or if it was relief, it wasn't for what it should have been for. Something was just off about this place.

"Anyone else finding this weird?" Gal asked quietly.

"Yeah, they don't sound even a little bit concerned for her. Maybe she leaves the village all the time and they trust her to be safe?" Ricardo guessed.

"Perhaps, but something isn't right about this place..... Perhaps it is just our minds still worked up from the battle." Norris said brushing it off.

"Yeah. Or maybe they're worried that mutants might get bored and attack them?" Marcus propose.

One of them heard him.

"That is one of our many concerns. We're lucky they leave us be." The guy said.

The team decided that this is a job done.

"We must be going. We have to get back home." Ricardo said.

"Be safe Jen, all of you." Marcus said as they all turned to leave.

"Wait! Why don't you stay the night? It'd be safer wouldn't it?" Jennifer offered. She turned to the elderly woman. "Please, can they stay here tonight? It's too dangerous for them to go out now!"

The team were surprised by that.

"No, you don't have to do that we'll be fine." Gal said.

"We do not wish to endanger your lives anymore." Norris told them.

"Yeah, but what will you do if you're all too tired to even walk? You won't be able to fight off even the Grimm! I won't forgive myself if I let you do that!" She grabbed Gal's hand and looked at her with big sad eyes. "Please stay, just for tonight."

Gal could absolutely not say no to that adorable face. She looked away and at the others who were looking away at other things to not fall victim to the look that Jennifer gave.

"All you Gal." Marcus said.

"Thanks Marc, great help." She said sarcastically.

She looked to Jennifer.

"Fine. I guess you have a point, but we leave first thing tomorrow." She said.

That made Jennifer happy.