Chapter 19 - So, How Do We Get To Atlas?

Back once again, here to write a probably bad story, but hey, can't be that bad

Right, imma start.

____________________________________________

It's been about three days now since the group were separated. No sign of them yet, but they know that they'll get through anything.

Try telling that to Marcus who's been pacing around for hours now. He has this habit of overthinking things, thinking of all, including the worst possible outcomes.

"Marcus. They'll be fine, just trust them. We know what they're capable of." Gal tried to reassure him.

He must not have heard her. He just continued pacing and mumbling to himself.

She got up and walked in front of him.

"Marc!"

"Huh?"

"God, you didn't even notice me in the room did you." She grabbed his hands. "Believe me. They're going to be fine. I know Ruby and Yang are your best friends. We're all worried about them. Just relax. I know they'll be just fine."

He seemed to just realise he was pacing.

"Uh... Oh, was I.... I was doing it again wasn't I." He said looking down.

"Yes, and that's perfectly fine to be worried like that. I just don't want you being unable to sleep over it. I know the last few nights haven't been easy for you, but you said it yourself. They can get through anything. We know how capable they are." She pulled him into a kiss.

After they separate he looks to her.

"Yeah... Sorry, just.... Never really been to Atlas before.... And with the number of Mutants we ran into, I'm just worried. Can't help it." He said sitting down with her.

"Well, remember. Ruby got into Beacon two years before she should have. If that doesn't scream "I can get through anything" I don't know what does."

That made him relax a little bit. Wasn't a big help, but it at least put his mind at ease a little.

"Thanks Gal. Don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you here." He rested his hand on her thigh.

"Good, now come back to bed big guy. We're both tired." She said leading him back to the room. They were using a house temporarily that was next door to Saphron and Terra.

"I am positive only Ricardo fits that bill."

"I'd argue otherwise."

They got back to the room and laid down.

"Can I be really honest though?"

"Sure, go ahead." She had a feeling this was gonna be lewd.

"My third favourite thing is your thighs, hard to beat those." He told her.

She laughed at him.

"Well I won't complain. They are for you and you only. What's the second?" She asked curiously. She moved to lie down on top of him.

"Well that's a tough choice. I still haven't made up my mind. It's either between this." He lightly tapped her butt which earned a surprise "ah!" Though she wasn't exactly against it. She kind of liked how he would sometimes get like this. And he never hurts her and always ensures she's comfortable. She has lost count of how many times he told her to let him know if she's uncomfortable.

He looked up at her.

"Or these." He turned her onto her back, took a deep breath and buried his head between her chest.