Chapter 21 - Atlas At Last

And I'm back again to make a bad story.

Let's just get into this without anymore delays.

____________________________________________

The gang were on at last coming up on Atlas. It was a lengthy journey, but they got there.

Inside the bullhead, it was a bit cramped, but they fit in the thing well. It was only cramped because of Ricardo.

"So.... Calling a dog faunus a son of a bitch is racist?" Marcus asked.

"Yes, very much so. Admittedly not the worst you can call someone, but it's up there." Blake answered.

She was giving him a lesson on being racist to Faunus. Marcus feels he has ticked all of the boxes with Gal. Yep, you heard it here first folks. Marcus is a racist. Not intentionally.

"Huh.... Gal I am really sorry. I have been a really offensive prick without realising it." He said feeling bad about it.

Gal just kissed his cheek.

"Don't worry about it. I don't care. We joke with eachother all the time and I know you don't have an issue with me. Thanks for that." She said moving closer. "Also, ear rubs are always permitted. No way am I gonna stop that."

"Thanks Gal. You're the best."

Over with Ricardo, he was talking with Oscar.

"So Ozpin has basically locked you out? You can't hear what he's thinking?"

"No. It's like he isn't there anymore. I don't get why..... You think he's mad at us?" Oscar guessed.

"No.... My guess? He's worried about trusting any of us.... That's what it is. Trust issues. And after living for a thousand years, that's understandable. Think of all the times he could have been betrayed during those years. There must have been times when he thought he could trust someone only for them to stab him in the back.... Perhaps that's how he died a few times." He said looking out at the snowy mountains.

Ricardo has always been the rational thinker. He's been thinking about this whole thing. Right now tensions are back down as they don't have any anger towards Ozpin.

That's good. Now Oscar won't be the human shield for Ozpin. Not that he was doing that by choice.

"That makes sense. I'm sure he's seen betrayal more than anyone ever will."

"True that."

After another 10 minutes of a quiet journey, they landed near the outskirts and walked to the town. The city under Atlas.

Yes, Atlas was the city floating above. Apparently the relic here is involved somehow.

So, right now, they were in the city below looking for a way to get topside.

"Wow. This place....... Is a place.... That's really all I can say." Jaune commented as they walked.

"Yeah. No natural heat at all. Just these things." Diane agreed pointing to the heat generators that pretty much keep this place alive. Without them, the city would die a slow and freezing death. That's if the Grimm don't get there first.

They also noticed a few other mutants here and there. Not part of the revolution clearly as they were ignoring the group. Ricardo knew why they were here.

"Deserters."

"Huh?" Marcus looked up to him with Rosie in his arms.

"The mutants that live here are deserters that haven't been found. They're the lucky few to be assumed dead. Good people who realised the truth, now all they can do is sit and wait." Ricardo explained.