Chapter 20 - Ninjas and Robots

Back once again. Norris will return next chapter, haven't forgotten him. Relax.

Anyway to the story.

____________________________________________

"Dodge!"

The cliffside team managed to dodge out of the way of the massive arm the robot swung at them. Gal made sure to get Rosie at a safe distance.

Ricardo got up and looked up to the giant robot.

"Ok. Let me think.... Uh-"

"Those rockets on the arm!" Ruby's voice said.

They looked to see Ruby, Qrow, Oscar, Nora, Jaune and Ren there.

"The rockets have ice dust in them. If we make one of them explode it'll freeze the entire arm!" She pointed out.

"Alright...... How do we do that?"

"I have a few ideas. First, I need her to be distracted." Ruby said looking to the others.

"Her?"

"Yeah, that thing is being controlled by that woman. The one running the base." Qrow told them.

"Oh." Diane said in realisation.

"Right. Let's keep her busy while Ruby does her thing." Ricardo said as they all got ready to somehow fight that thing.
.
.
.
.
.
Over with Marcus, he and Yang were on their way towards Blake. They weren't sure where she was, but parts of the forest had signs of a fight. They were following the marks on the trees to hopefully find her.

"It looks like only two people made these marks. You know what's after her yet?" He asked.

"Yeah, I figured it out. It's Adam." She answered.

"Who's Adam? Her ex?"

"Pretty much yeah. Remember she said she was part of the Fang?" She asked reminding him of that time in Beacon.

"I do. We spent a whole weekend looking for her." He said remembering that.

"Well, Adam was a friend of hers that was part of the Fang with her. She admitted at one point she did like him and they tried dating. Went well until he went all psycho and wanted humans to die even if they're just kids. So, she left and he's been after her ever since." She explained the whole story in a vague way that Marcus picked up as it being a bit personal for Blake.

"Got it. Forget I asked then. All I need to know is this Adam guy is trying to kill her."

"Pretty much. And he's the reason for this." She said holding up her metal arm.

"Oh he is so decked!"

"That's what I like to hear. Glad that didn't scare you." Yang joked concentrating on the way in front of her.

"Hah! You know me Yang, I love a challenge."

She sped up to hopefully get there faster.

They got near a cliff edge and looked down at a bridge rock formation in front of a waterfall to see Blake fighting some guy with a sword and red hair. Guess that was Adam.

"That him?"

"Yep."

She stopped.

"You rush over and help her out now. I'll go up there and catch him off guard." She said pointing to just over the bridge thing.

Marcus got off and immediately ran off to help Blake.

"Don't let him do what he did to me!" She called out.