Chapter 25 - A Break

Back again. Here to write shit.

Gal and Marcus' week break will only be this chapter and this will likely be short.
Just some small bit if wholesome stuff with the family of three.

Let's get going.

____________________________________________

In a room within Atlas HQ which doubles as the school the family of three, Gal, Marcus and Rosie, were sitting and lazing about in the room.

A whole week off to get some actual rest. Gal was surprised when Marcus woke up this morning looking like he was more energised than he ever was before in his life. However, that's not important.

Both Gal and Marcus were trying out that game. They have to admit, it's pretty solid. They have to also admit to themselves that they did pretty good with the voicing. Rosie was watching a cartoon while they played.

Marcus was playing himself and Gal was doing the same as they surprisingly didn't pick themselves first. The first fight of the match started as the Gal, in-game, ran on screen and kicked a mutant in the face before turning to face her opponent.

"Hope you don't plan on going easy on me Marcus." Her character said.

The screen panned to the other side as Marcus, also in-game, walked into the arena winding his arm back to loosen himself up. He looked up with a smile.

"Been lookin forward to this for a while Gal. Let's make it interesting."

The screen changed to show Gal on the left and Marcus on the right. Their health and other stuff showing up on the HUD.

The match began with a voice saying "Round 1. Fight!"

Gal immediately ran up and punched Marcus in the face followed by a little CK in the face knocking him back where he was immediately back up. She ran at him again, but Marcus countered her attack and threw her to the ground behind him.

"Great you have speed on your side." Real life Marcus said trying to not get styled on by his girlfriend. She was beating him in two ways, through a game and in a game. "Don't tell me I'm not even the character I'm good with."

"I don't know, that counter was fly as heck." Real life Gal told him, censoring in front of Rosie. Speaking of the small fox. "Everything ok there Rosie?"

"Uhuh." Rosie responded.

She was fixated on her cartoons.

"Good girl. Now where were we? I remember I was beating you effortlessly." Gal said smugly.

"Hold that thought, let me hit this super." Marcus replied.

In the game, after an input, Marcus delivered a headbutt to Gal, after that he punched her in the gut. He reeled back and hit her with a heavy punch to the jaw knocking her back and up in the air. She landed and was up, but she has low health.

"Perish." Marcus said as he shot forward with a punch in the game, much like that fucking Doberman, and ended the first round.

"Is... that all I can do?" Gal in-game said weakly as she fell to the ground in defeat.

Real life Gal look to him with annoyance.

"First Ricardo's special and now your own? How do you learn these inputs so fast?" She asked.

"I'm just built different. You wouldn't understand as you're simply not based enough." He said with a cocky smirk.

"Whatever. Next round."