Chapter 8 - Have You Seen Our Cat?

We are back at it again with this king shit.

Let's just get started.

____________________________________________

It has been about two weeks since the Jaune thing and he has been getting a lot better now with training from both Pyrrha and Marcus. It definitely was paying off since they were all in combat class.

Jaune was, as usual, facing Cardin who was confident that what happened in the forest was luck.

Cardin was currently being proven wrong as Jaune was destroying him. Figuratively.

The fight ended when Jaune blocked a hit, pushed him back and rammed the shield into Cardin knocking him out of the ring.

Cardin got up pissed and was about to run at Jaune who still had his shield up, but before he could he was suddenly stopped. Goodwitch used her semblance to stop him in place.

"Quite impressive Mr. Arc. In contrast to the beginning of the year you've shown quite the skill." She turned to Cardin as she dropped him. "Mr. Winchester, try not to lose your temper so easily. That's something your opponent can use against you and in some cases, it might get you killed."

He stormed off and Jaune put his sword away, retracting his shield he returned to his seat.

"Solid fight Jaune." Yang said as they listened to their teacher.

After that class ended the students had the rest of the day off. Weiss decided to drag them to Vale for something important.

Right now team RWBY plus Marcus and Ricardo were walking towards the docks of Vale. Gal wanted hang out with Pyrrha and Norris was busy meditating or something.

Anyway Weiss seemed very happy today.

"I have never been more terrified in my entire life." Marcus said as he tried to move as far away from Weiss as possible.

"How could I not be excited? The Vytle festival is-" She went on about the backstory of the Vytle festival.

Marcus and Ruby just tuned out her explanation as it was full of big and complicated words.

"So why are we at the docks again?" Yang asked.

"Smells like fish, bleh!" Ruby gagged as she tried to cover her nose.

"You think that's bad? I have a heightened sense of smell." Ricardo told her.

"Oh you poor soul." Ruby said feeling bad for him.

"Don't ruin this for me! Students from other academies will be showing up for the tournament happening in a while and as representatives of Beacon I thought it would be nice to greet them." Weiss told them.

"She just wants to view the competition for the tournament and hopefully get an upper hand." Blake told them the truth.

"You can't prove that!" Weiss defended.

"You're really convincing us Weiss." Marcus said looking at her with a blank expression.

As they're walking they notice that there was some sort of investigation going on where a dust shop was broken into.

Ricardo approached when he noticed there was a friendly mutant like himself there helping out. He was a Doberman in a nice looking suit.

Or as Marcus and Gal call them, the antichrist.

"Apologies, but do you know what happened here?" He asked the other mutant.

"Dust store robbery my friend. Third one this week and it's Monday." He looked to one of his co workers.