Chapter 21

Camila's POV

It was now Monday and I was waiting for Lauren to pick me up. I was currently sitting on my front porch as I ate a stale bagel with my bag on my lap. My outfit contained some dark denim skinny jeans, a white collard shirt with a black no button cardigan. I had my converse on my feet while I scrolled through my Tumblr feed as I tried to get comfortable on the wooden steps I was sitting on. After a few minutes of waiting and scrolling I heard a honk and I quickly looked up and saw Lauren getting out of her car.

I squealed to myself as I got up and ran to her, once I got to her she wrapped her arms around my waist giving me a tight hug. I was in love with her hugs and the way she slightly picks me up, or when she tightens her arms around me when I reciprocate the embrace. I sighed in delight as she pecked my neck and slightly picked me up. I leaned back and quickly kissed her lips and she detached herself from the embrace so she could walk to the passenger side.

She opened my door and I quickly walked to her and got in as I felt my stomach burst in butterflies. I smiled brightly when she gently closed the door and got in on her side. She leaned in and gave me a real morning kiss and once she separated I exhaled my held in breath. She put her car in drive and we soon started our journey to the dreadful school that I hate.

"Did you have an okay night?"She asked me and I shrugged.

"Well I fell asleep on your chest and my mom woke me up, so just to let you know I didn't go to sleep till like 1 am. I think she's getting suspicious about us but I don't know and don't really care."I explained

"Are you tired?"She asked and I hummed.

"Yes I've gotten about 5 hours of sleep."I answered and she smiled.

"Okay well we have about 30 minutes until school starts, want some Starbucks?"Lauren asked and I smiled.

"If your having one I want one too"I agreed and she then turned and went a different route.

"How was your night?"I asked her and she shrugged.

"Well after you left I spent about an hour freaking out over you, then I sent you a goodnight text then went to bed."She said turning onto a different road.

"Aww you were worried?"I asked and she shyly nodded.

"Of course I am, ever since you've told me about your mom I haven't been able to stop thinking about it."She said and I smiled as I felt a blush ride up my neck.

"Well you don't have to worry I can handle myself and if I do seem to be in trouble.... I'll call you."I said and she looked at me.

"You promise?"She asked and I looked into her green eyes.

"Yes, I promise."

"Good"She smiled and looked at the road in front of us.

I smiled as I watched the sky turn into a brighter color as the sun started coming out. I watched the green palm trees pass by as we drove down the smooth main street. As we slowed down to turn into the Starbucks I noticed the grass was wet from the humidity and dew point. Lauren drove up to the speaker and ordered herself a Carmel Macchiato and me an Iced White Chocolate Mocha. Once we got our coffee Lauren started to drive back down the route we took so we could make our way to school.

I sipped on my coffee and looked at Lauren as she carefully drank hers as she drove with one hand. I looked her up and down noticing her style was different from what I seen her in, in the past weekend. She was wearing light denim skinny jeans, a pink Victoria's Secret shirt, then some black wedge's. I shook my head knowing she was doing this for the stupid school and I looked out the window watching the trees and buildings pass by. When she parked I looked at her up and down again and she sighed.