Chapter 40

Lauren's POV

I was sitting in front of Dinah as she frowned at me. I tried to avoid eye contact but I didn't want to be yelled at. Even though she hasn't talked to me at all since she sat me down. I cleared my throat as it felt like it was closing up and I was suffocating. I was at her house because she needed me but the only thing she said go me was "Heyy Lo have a sit!" and we haven't done anything since. It's been 15 minutes.

"W-What do you want with me?"I slightly stuttered

"What are you going to do for Prom on Friday? Mila is waiting you know?"She said and I frowned.

"I already thought that we were going together?"I asked and she looked at me.

"And why would you think that?"She asked and I shrugged.

"Because I thought we were automatically going because we're together."I said simply and she got up shaking her head.

"Lauren, Lauren, Lauren.....what am I going to do with you?"She chuckled evily and I frowned.

"H-Huh?"

"IDIOT!"She yelled as she jumped into my face scaring me.

"Just because you are together doesn't mean that you don't ask! This is your final year as a highschooler! Your last prom! And you've had your dates with big prom stuff. But guess what?!"Dinah said and I tried to calm down my heartbeat.

"W-What?"

"Camila has never in her entire life been asked to a prom or dance or anything special. So grow some balls and do something, spectacular."Dinah said and my heart dropped.

Dinah's right but I wasn't good at things like this. I didn't know what color she wanted, did I have to match? What if she picks an ugly ass color like yellow or pink? Did I have to wear a dress or a tux? Did I have to buy another pair of compression shorts? What if I blow all of this and she's disappointed? What the hell do I do?!

"D-Dinah..."I said afraid and she smirked.

"Luckily for you...I got this all planned out. Her favorite color is green and yours is blue so it'd be like a sea green or an ocean teal. Almost like your eyes. Normani can work out the dress for her and I'll help you because I think I understand more about your situation."Dinah said and I sighed looking at the time.

"So, dress or tux?"She asked me again and I shrugged.

"I really don't know Dinah I feel so stupid when it comes to this. I only know skinny jeans."I said and she chuckled lowly.

"Come on Lauren, you spent 4 years prancing around in a cheerleading skirt with your little secret."She said and I looked down crossing my legs.

"It's not little but okay, I need your help."I said and she laughed.

"How about we go out and put those two together."She said and I shrugged.

"Uhm whatever"I replied causing her to grab my keys.

"Let's go!"

"Huh? No not now! I uhm I h-have to go to therapy."I said shyly and she pouted.

"Oh, okay well you can pick me up after?"She asked and I sighed.

"Well school just ended and I'll be out of there around six O'clock and the mall closes at 9. Do you really think I'll have everything in three hours?"I asked and she smiled.

"You're rich as fuck you could fly something out from Italy in like 14 hours!"She said and I nodded.

"True but I don't think Camila likes all that extra shit."I said and she put a hand on my shoulder.