Chapter 67

Lauren's POV

I walked through the ice cold park with Camila's hand in mine while Normani and Dinah were tagging along behind us. Camila looked around the park while I looked down at my shoes, she was absolutely loving the park but I could tell she was still a bit upset with me and the situation. Camila wasn't squeezing my hand like she usually does when she gets excited- she was just holding it waiting for me to let go.

I sighed and looked up from the ground to see people still walking around and some teenagers playing in the snow. Camila glanced at me before looking down briefly then squeezed my hand as she led me towards a different path, leaving Dinah and Normani behind. She sat us down at a nearby bench and looked at me as I leaned back against the wood.

"You wanna talk to me?" Camila basically asked and I bit my lip as I grabbed her hand.

"I just want you to know that I really do love you and I swear I won't ever do it again. I don't want to lose your trust because of this incident- I love you Camila I promise I do." I sighed as my heart ached and she softly put her hand against my cheek.

"I know Lauren, I'm fine." She whispered but I shook my head, I knew she wasn't fine.

"Baby I want things to go back to the way they were no matter what happened alright? I don't like this." I clenched my jaw as my heart started beating faster and she gave me a confused smile.

"Lauren what do you mean? We're fine." She breathed out and I closed my eye briefly.

"Can we just pretend that nothing ever happened? I swear Camz if the woman passed me I wouldn't know because I didn't see her face, I saw yours. I need us to be okay-"

"Lauren Jauregui." She cut me off firmly and grabbed my hands, "Sometimes you need to worry about yourself instead of me."

"But you're my lif-"

"Shh." She cut me off again and looked me in the eyes, "I can't be the only thing in your life that keeps you going Lauren. That's not healthy for any relationship." Camila stated and I felt my heart clench.

"Babe-"

"I'm being serious Laur, I love you so much but I can't be your," she trailed off trying to find the write word, "dependent?" She said slowly and I frowned.

"You didn't say this two days ago when I was with you." I sighed sadly and she grabbed my cheeks.

"I love you no matter what baby but I need you to work on it and I will too because I depend on you a lot too alright? Don't act like you're alone in this." Camila said softly as she looked into my eyes with such tenderness that it confused me.

"I mean if you saw me instead of a different woman then-"

"I didn't even know! I was high and you're always on my mind so I couldn't do anything about it!" I frowned deeply as I pulled my face out of her hands and she sighed.

"See! I can't be your number one priority-"

"Camila!" I cut her off as I frowned and she stopped as she looked into my eyes, she knew I was getting upset.

"Have you actually listened to me?" I frowned and she nodded, "If you have then you should know it's not as easy as it seems- I wasn't thinking like oh hey there's a girl that looks exactly like my girlfriend but I shouldn't go over there because it's not her at all knowing I just left her. But I was thinking that what if it was you? What would you be doing here? So I went up to the girl." I huffed getting angry and I went to stand up but she grabbed my forearm and pulled me back down.

"Okay I underst-"

"Do you Camz? Do you realize you're my first thing that pops in my head when I wake up? And the last when I fall asleep? I can't help it and I don't want to try and stop it. It's not because you're my dependent it's because you're my girlfriend." I said trying to make my point and I continued, "You're my girlfriend and I love the shit out of you that's why you're always on my mind and the reason why I hallucinated and saw you instead of a different person."