Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.

Amelia Black

I ran to my room and immediately call Liam. If Adam knew the whole time that I was meant to be with him not Liam, he would have probably said something to him.

Immediately I asked him if he knew, Liam hung up on me.

I got in to the shower and I spend almost an hour in there, cleaning myself and crying like a baby. I love Adam so much it hurts but sometimes I wonder if loving him is a curse because he makes it so fucking difficult.

One minute he can we so warm and loving and the next he can straight up be cold. Like ice cold. He left me standing in the entryway, shaking.

He knew. I'm not even mad at him. I'm just hurt.

I finish drying my hair, do my skincare and slip into the comfiest tank top and sweats in my closet. I'm going to rest tonight but I have so much to do tomorrow. I need answers from Adam and Liam.

I also need to write a thousand thank you cards.

"Amelia!" A familiar voice shouts and then starts banging on my bedroom door. What the hell?

I walk up to the door and open it and I see him, fuming. His eyes are red and his knuckles are bruised.

"What did you do, Liam?" I whisper.

His nostrils are flaring. I don't think I've ever seen him more angry. He's shaking.

"I trusted him more than anyone." He says and then breaks down in tears. Oh shit.

****

I drove Liam home. He lives with Brian and Ian now. The house is a fifteen minute drive away. It's a two-story contemporary building with 5 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms and 2 living rooms. It's really gorgeous and it fits them.

Liam is sitting in the kitchen and I'm standing, gulping down a bottle of water. I haven't had a real meal in over twenty four hours.

"This explains so much, why he was always weird when it came to you." Liam says with disbelief.

I look at his slightly bloody knuckles. "I can't believe you punched him. Do you know how strong he is? You're lucky he didn't fight back."

I didn't see or hear their argument. It happened while I was in the shower. I comforted Liam while he cried and then asked him to stay the night because he was is no shape to drive but he said no so, here we are.

Liam shakes his head, his eyes on his knuckles. "He never does but I trusted him so much, Amelia. When it came to you, I went to him for advice. I now understand why he told me not to touch you."

My eyes widen and I choke on my water. "What?" I shout after catching my breath.

Liam looks at me. "He told me to wait. I knew that's what you wanted too but even before then, Adam told me to keep my hands to myself."

Oh my God. I think I'm going to throw up.

"Why can't I just be in love with like a simple guy? Why did I have to fall for the most complicated person on earth?"

Liam looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Do you really love him?"

"Yes."

"Like you loved me?"

No. You love people differently, even your friends. I have never loved anyone like I love Adam and I don't know why. It's an unexplainable feeling that's just there.

"It's different. It's much more emotional and passionate with him. I loved you as a friend first and I loved you like you were my best friend. You were the best thing that's ever happened to me at the time." I tell Liam, honestly.