Chapter 38: I like dresses.

Amelia's dress above.

Amelia Black

I am so mad right now.

Adam💍: Will you please make dinner tonight?

Me: Sure. What do you want to eat?

Adam💍: Lasagna.

Me: Alright. When will you be home?

Adam💍: Soon. Thank you.

That was seven hours ago. I cooked for that jerk and I've been sitting in the living room waiting for him like a good old wife.

I've honestly gone nuts.

"I am so sorry."

Finally!

I turn my head to the door and give him the angriest look.

I ignore him and stand up, striding out of the living room.

I feel him following me behind. "I'm sorry, Amelia. I got held up in a meeting."

I enter the kitchen and start clearing the island.

I feel him coming closer. He presses his front against my back and he slides his hand to my waist. He feels and smells really good.

My entire body freezes when I feel his mouth on my neck. "I like your dress." He breathes making me feel goosebumps all over my body.

"Let me go, Adam. I'm mad at you." I manage to breathe.

"But I said sorry." He says softly and I almost close my eyes because of how good he feels.

"Sorry doesn't make up for seven hours of waiting."

He sighs then lets me go and goes over to the fridge. "I didn't think the meeting was going to take that long."

I take out the lasagna from the oven and drop it on the island. "You should have called me then."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"I accept your apology but just so you know, this is the last time that I'm going to cook for you."

His eyes widen with a hint of amusement. "What? You can't say that."

"Yes, I can. I spoiled you in London with all the cooking that I did for you that's why you're taking my hard work for granted."

He smiles, his eyes showing disbelief. "I asked you if you wanted me to hire a chef and you said no."

"Well, that's because you were really sweet then. You spent time with me and took me places. I wanted to do something nice for you."

He looks amused, lightly scratching his brows. "How about if I tell you that I have a big surprise tomorrow?"

"Really?"

"Yes."

I hope it's jewelry. I love jewelry more than anything. Or shoes?! Shoes make me happy.

"What is it? An endless supply of Jimmy Choos?" I ask hopefully.

I mean, shoes are life. I'm crazy about shoes.

"No, don't you have enough Jimmy Choos?"

"A girl can never have enough shoes, Adam Black. What's wrong with you?"

He rolls his eyes. "You'll see what the surprise is tomorrow. I know you're going to like it." He smirks.

"Alright." I smirk back.