Chapter 45: Need a ride?

Adam's outfit above.

Amelia Black

BAM! BAM! BAM!

I open my eyes and look at my Rolex. It's almost three in morning. I open the door to my hotel room and see my husband.

"Amelia." He grabs me and pulls me into in his arms, hugging me tight.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. How did you find me?"

"I spent the whole night looking for you. How could you disappear like that? I was worried to death. Don't ever do that again."

"Sorry." I mutter.

He stares at me then runs his fingers through his hair then he pulls me into the room. "Sit."

I take a seat and look down.

"Look at me." He demands.

I gently raise my eyes and meet his.

"Do you have any idea how fucking stupid your actions were?"

"I just needed a break."

"And does that come with putting yourself in danger?"

I roll my eyes at him. "I'm fine, nothing happened."

"Don't give me that tone! What you did was so fucking childish and irresponsible. Something could have happened to you."

"Can you just go? The reason I ran away is because I didn't want to see you. I still don't want to see you so just leave, please."

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm sorry? If I knew you would be this upset, I wouldn't have answered your question."

"This isn't about a stupid question! It's about you disregarding my feelings and disrespecting me."

"And how did I do that? I told you I don't know much about love and relationships."

"Oh my God. Just go."

"No, I am not going anywhere till you talk."

"I don't want to talk to you because you're always missing the point. I told you how I felt last month and when you said you didn't want to be with me, I was fine with it even though it hurt a lot."

"What pains me right now is you believing I would tell you how I feel, kiss you and then go back into Liam's arms. Do you think it was easy for me to confess my feelings for you? It's something that I've never done before but I knew I could trust you with everything inside of me."

His face softens. "Amelia."

"I'm sorry I kissed you, okay? But you didn't have to act like a jerk afterwards and then take me to see your ex who happens to be your little brother. I felt so ashamed and disgusted with myself like I'm the worst person-"

He starts panicking. "No, no please don't say that. I am so sorry. I don't know why I was thinking. I'm sorry, Amelia."

"It's not your fault. It's mine which why I really need some space to sort out my feelings."

"No, nothing is your fault. This all has to do with my personal issues. I'm the one that's fucked up. Please don't blame yourself for anything."

I don't say anything.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better? Tell me, I will do everything I can."

"Just let me stay here for a few days."

He looks very reluctant but then he sighs, "Fine. I'll leave." He stands up. "Call me if you need anything."

A few minutes later, I hear the doorbell again. Honestly, I told him to leave.