Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.

Amelia's outfit above.

Amelia Black

Changing my last name was something I argued severely on. My parents wanted me to but I refused. Like what was the point?

It's not like I got married to the love of my life. But then after going through some shit with the lawyers that took part in creating this whole marriage, it turned out that I had to take Adam's name for everything to be sorted.

I followed Dr Sloan's advice. I decided to start 'living' and stop staying in my room all day.

Right now, I'm at the mall and I have gone to almost every store.

I bought lots of clothes, shoes, makeup and literally all the nice things that my eyes caught.

This is the first I'm out shopping at the mall alone and I have probably never shopped as much as I did today. I usually get annoyed when Nicole even mentions it but today, I've realised how fun it is.

I head to the food court to get a frap from Starbucks. I turn around to see if Cooper is nearby. He must be hungry because we've been here for hours.

I don't see him so I pull out my phone and dial his number.

"Mrs Black?" He suddenly appears out of nowhere.

I yelp in surprise. "Oh God! You scared me!"

"I'm sorry ma'am."

"Hmmm." I glare at him. I haven't started liking him yet. I still don't trust him

"Are you hungry?" I ask him.

He shakes his head. "No, ma'am."

"Are you sure? There's Burger King over there." I point at the direction.

He smirks. "Fine, if you insist."

I roll my eyes and we walk over to Burger King. He places his order and we find a place to sit, facing each other.

"So tell me about you, Cooper." I say after taking the first sip of my frappaccino.

" I say after taking the first sip of my frappaccino

Amelia's frap

He smiles and leans back against his chair. "What would you like to know?"

"What got you into the kidnapping business?"

Since he's my bodyguard, I have to learn how to trust him and the only way to do the is by getting to know him.

"The money." He answers simply and I frown.

"What did you do before then?"

"I was a professional computer hacker and a street fighter. I also used to work at a private security company then I worked as a spy for this Italian mafia."