Chapter 16: HOPE.

Amelia's dress above.

Amelia Black

"What?" I cannot believe my ears.

I watch Jamie as he nervously scratches the back of his his head."Well, um, Daniel came to me at the beginning of our freshman year. That's about three years ago. I didn't even know who he was then he started asking questions about the council, you guys and my parents."

"But your parents weren't part of the council three years ago." I frown.

"Yes, that was why he approached me. He started plotting things in my head. He told me that the council dismissed my parents because they weren't rich enough. He said that in order to get revenge, I had to bring all of you guys down."

"Wow."

Daniel Black is a manipulative son of a bitch. I can't believe that he's related to Liam or even Adam in any way.

"I didn't listen to him at first. I was so fucking disgusted with him so I spat on his face and told him to go fuck himself." Jamie goes on.

"So why did you do it?" I challenge him.

"Daniel kept coming and plotting things in my head. I'm not kidding, he literally turned me against all of you guys so at the end of our freshman year, I agreed to help him." He answers and I stare at him in disbelief.

So right from the end of our freshman year, all those moments that we had with him, he was planning to 'destroy' us. I'm in great shock.

He's an amazing actor.

"I stopped hearing from Daniel after a while but then last year, he asked me when we were going to graduate so I told him we only had two years left and he started panicking, he said that we had to get on with the plan very quickly." He continues.

"What does our graduation have to do with anything?" I ask even though at that time, Emily and I had three years left since we both study a five year course.

"Well, you were supposed to marry Adam after your graduation." Jamie says simply.

I look down at my wedding ring and start playing with it. "So Daniel didn't want Adam and I to get married?"

Jamie frowns. "Of course not! Didn't your parents tell you? About HOPE?"

Of course that was what it was about. Daniel's greed for HOPE. I still don't understand the whole HOPE thing. I swear the last thing I know is that it's the councils' charity foundation.

"They did."

"So Daniel told me that once you and Adam get married, all the council members' kids will automatically become over three hundred million dollars richer."

I gasp. "What?"

That's a lot of money.

"Yeah." He nods then adds, "well, all of you except me so I started thinking if the council has something against my family."

I look at him in confusion. "But your parents aren't the only Archers in the council, Jamie. Your aunts and uncles are still solid members."

He runs his hand through his hair."I know and it turned out that Daniel did the same thing that he did to me to my parents but they didn't trust him. They knew the kind of guy he is. So Daniel worked with some of the managers at HOPE and stole money and they all made it seem like my parents were behind it." He says in a sad voice.

"Oh my God. The council has to know about this, Jamie."

When his parents left town, nobody really knew why. The council never announced that they were betrayed by the Archers.