Chapter 13: Dinner.

Emily's outfit above.

Amelia Black

"So Colton is coming to pick me up today." Emily announces.

"That's great, Em. I'm glad you two made up." Chloe smiles at her.

"Yeah, he's so sweet and I love him like crazy." Emily says dreamily as she strokes her beautiful red hair.

"I can't believe you're the only person in a relationship here." Tyler looks at her.

"Yeah, that's crazy." Camilla agrees and I catch Jacob and Chloe exchanging looks.

Seriously, what's going on with them?

"Nicole and Brandon are talking again." I throw in, looking at Nicole.

"I bet she's texting him now." Emily smiles.

"I'm not." Nicole looks up and drops her phone on the table.

"So what's going? Are you two talking about going on dates and stuff?" Camilla asks her.

"No, I don't think he's that in to me." She replies.

"Are you kidding?! The guy flew across the country for you." Tyler says.

"That was last year, Tyler and honestly, I don't think things will ever work out with him. I live here and he lives in LA. Long distance relationships are hard these days."

Nicole has never been the commitment type. She always freaks out or quickly ends things with guy when it starts getting serious. I know that she really likes Brandon. He's different from all the guys she's been with.

"If you like it, go for it." Chloe tells her but she just shrugs.

I watch Camilla as she takes her YSL bag and puts on her sunglasses. "Guys, I have to go take Chanel for her weekly mani and padi. I'll see you later." She stands up.

Chanel is her cat by the way.

"Yeah, I have to go too, I'm going to the gym from here." I tell everyone as I get up.

I kiss everyone goodbye and head to my car.

On my way to the gym, I get a call from my cousin, Tessa so I put her through the car speakers.

"And then he said he doesn't really care about his reputation." I tell her.

"Yeah?"

"What do you mean 'yeah'? If he doesn't care about his reputation, why was he so mad and angry?"

"Because he was worried about you, obviously!" She exclaims and I can hear some excitement in her voice.

I snort. "I highly doubt that."

"I think he does, Amelia. He had one of the best sushi chefs in the world cook in your kitchen. That's says something."

"He has a really sweet side." I state.

"Just stop overthinking everything and live your life, okay?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Great."

"So when are we coming to visit?"

Tessa studies art in Italy and her parents stay in LA. We hardly see each other but we're still tight.

"I don't know. December maybe?" She says not sounding so sure though.

"Cool, I also really want to come to Italy and see you. It's been a while since I visited."