Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.

Amelia's outfit above.

Amelia Black

"You should eat your vegetables."

Adam gives me a look. "What are you? My mum?"

"No but broccoli are really nutritious. They protect you against cancer, promote healthy digestion, slow ageing and are packed with vitamin C and K which-"

"Shut up. You sound sound boring."

God! He's so rude and if I have to admit, his rudeness doesn't bother me anymore. I've gotten used to it.

"Whatever."  I roll my eyes then continue eating the delicious omelette that Marcus made me.

"May I join you guys?" I hear my sister's voice and I look up to see her standing by the doorway.

"Mae? What are you doing here?"

"Blessing you with my presence." She says then walks to the table taking the seat that is facing me.

"Hi, Mae." Adam says but she ignores him.

"Mae." I say in a warning tone.

She knows that it's rude to ignore others.

She snaps her head up and looks at Adam. "You missed ice cream Wednesday again! Seriously? This is like the hundredth time."

He sighs. "I am truly sorry about that. Sometimes I just get too busy and a lot of things slip from my mind."

Okay, I'm confused.

She shakes her head."You can make it up to me by letting me crash here for some days."

He gives her a warm look. "Of course. You are very welcome to stay for as long as you want."

I decide to speak then. "Excuse me for interrupting but why are you crashing here?"

Mae looks at me. "I had a fight with dad because he wouldn't let me go on a date with this guy that I really like."

"Aren't you too young to be going on dates?" Adam asks her.

"Of course not! Amelia had her first kiss when she was twelve. I'm fourteen."

"How do you know that?"

"I read your diaries." She shrugs and I just shake my head.

My phone keeps beeping with messages from Leah so I stand up. "I'm leaving. I will see you guys at the fundraiser." I smile.

"What fundraiser?" Mae asks, brushing her hair back.

"Adam will fill you on. I'm have to go now. I'm late." I take my bag and head out.

****

"So what happened with the Art professor?" Chloe asks Camilla.

"He just wasn't for me." She replies.

"Why?" Jasmine asks her.

"Cause he's so boring! And not rich enough to date me apparently."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Is that what he said?"

"No, that's what I told him."

"What?" I snap.

"Amelia! He has one car."

"Wow, you really are nuts." Chloe whispers, looking at her.

"I want to date someone that will take me to Paris when I'm upset and shower me with diamonds, Chanel handbags and Louboutins. Noah can't meet up to my standards."