Chapter 50: Adam Black.

Adam's outfit above.

Adam Black (You've been asking since day 1)

What the fuck am I doing?

I stare down at my phone and reread the message my wife sent me.

She misses me.

So now I'm dropping everything and flying back to her. I have never done something like this. I take my work very seriously but I'm ditching two important meetings for her.

This whole relationship is a risk. After everything that's happened, I was so sure that I wouldn't do this again. But, she's worth it.

When we first got married, I saw her as my brother's girl and the little girl I used to be obsessed with but now, I see her as a woman.

My woman.

The thought brings me pleasure, I fight back a smile. She's the only person that makes me smile, makes me happy.

Sometimes I wonder if she's my reward for everything that I had to go through.

Darkness. Drowning. Choking.

And everything I lost.

I shake my head to dismiss me any thoughts of my past. It's over now. You're fine.

My heart is racing. When was the last time I took my pills?

I've forgotten. I wish I could forget other things but fuck, those memories have been marked in my soul forever.

The vibration of my phone snaps me out of my thoughts. It's one of Amelia's bodyguards.

"Bob."

"Sir, we have installed the new car trackers."

"Have they been tested?"

"Yes, sir."

"And my wife?"

"Mrs Black went shoe shopping this morning then she went back home and has been in her studio all day."

I don't understand her obsession with shoes. I swear she buy them like others buy toilet paper.

She has me intrigued.

"Has she eaten?"

"I have asked around and everyone says she hasn't."

"Very well. Thank you, Bob." I hang up and he immediately forwards some photos he took while Amelia was out shopping.

I look at her. So fucking beautiful. So young and innocent. Her hair is long and glossy. Shining under the sun.

What she makes me feel is beyond this world. My feelings for her are too much. I hope I don't overwhelm her.

I can't wait to get home to her.

****

Amelia Black

I knock slightly on the door and when he opens, I breathe. "Liam."

He pulls me in a hug. "Oh, Amelia, I've missed you so much."

I hug him back and after we pull away, I smile. "Can I sit?"

"Of course."

"How have you been?" I ask.

I decided that it was finally time to come and talk to him. I can't hide forever and it's better if we just get it over with.

"Good, and you?"

"Things have been going really well." I tell him.

"I'm happy for you."