Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)

Amelia's dinner dress above.

Amelia Black

I blink, speechless and overwhelmed by his admission. It is difficult for me to grasp being that important to someone. I think it would be difficult for anyone. Adam likes to say I'm his everything but I can't help but question if I am worth it.

He didn't tell me why Giselle broke up with him because he was afraid I would think the same.

I thought it was worse than that so I sigh in relief and close my eyes.

"What?" Adam asks so I look into his eyes. "I thought it was something so terrible....what you did to her."

He shakes his head. "It is. If you knew me then, you wouldn't want anything to do with me. That's why I hate talking about the past."

"I will never get mad for something you did in your past, I promise." I tell him sincerely.

He smiles softly and strokes my hair. "My sweet girl." He says then starts kissing all over my face.

"I'm not perfect, Adam. I've also done things that I'm not proud of. You wouldn't like the old me. I was so spoilt and obnoxious." I tell him and he chuckles against my cheek. "What's funny?"

He kisses me there. "Nothing."

I yawn escapes me because it's been a long day.

"You tired, baby?" Adam asks and I nod so he pulls me close. "Come here."

****

"Oh wow." I whisper in shock. Today is my grandfather's party and my parents' house has been decorated lavishly with beautiful floral arrangements, lights and drapes.

"Your home is beautiful, love." Damien says as he walks beside me. This is mainly a family event with some close friends but Damien had breakfast with me and Adam this morning and was going about how boring his days are so I invited him.

"Thank you but my mum did go a little crazy for this event. The house isn't usually like this." As I say this, I look over at Adam who was stopped outside by my cousin, Joe probably talking business.

Adam looks drop dead gorgeous in his black tux. It fits him perfectly and he looks incredibly elegant and handsome.

I almost want to drag him back to me and let everyone know he's mine. I have never felt possessive in a relationship but with him, everything is more intense. He's the dream man yet he makes me feel all kinds of special when he gives me all of his attention.

Before we left for the party, I asked him to take pictures for my instagram and we spent about an hour doing that. He thought every photo was perfect but was patient when I asked for more.

"I take it you two are okay now?" Damien snaps me out from checking my husband out. I hope I'm not drooling. It takes me a second to realize what he is asking and I'm shocked. "He told you?"

Damien chuckles as if it was crazy for me to ask and he shakes his head. "No but you seemed mad in the text you sent me that night."

"I just have a problem with Giselle. I don't trust the nice girl attitude." I sigh, trying to keep calm. I get mad every time she's brought up.

"She assumed she was going to become Mrs Black. Talked about it all the time."

I look at him with confusion. "But Adam said he never loved her."

"Yes, he's never loved anyone. Even Evangeline, that was why she left him and Giselle broke up with him because she thought it would give him the push but he never gave a damn."