1) A Sea Away

Gon's p.o.v - 4 years ago
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Today marked the day of my 14th birthday. I was exceedingly more excited then I usually was on my previous birthdays due to the fact that today was also the day my father would leave to find a treasure that would change our lives forever. As much as I wanted to go with him I knew that it was much to dangerous for someone of my..well size and physique to go on such a long journey. My father told me he would be gone for about 4 months and then he'd return with whatever treasure he's been talking about for years. He won't tell me. I've asked hundreds of times but everytime I ask he says "it's a secret Gon. Remember a world without magic is a world without life. And in order to keep that magic, secrets must be kept." He says while ruffling a hand through my already messy hair. I stick out my lips and pout. "But daaaaad!"

"Hush. It's almost time."

I gulp back the rest of my words. My father waits patiently until the sun finally sets before we head off to the shore a few miles from our little home tucked away from the rest of the crowded city. I light my fathers lantern while we walk. The sand crunches beneath our feet as we walk. Each step we take makes me more nervous then the last. It'll be scary being here alone for 4 months but I'll do what I have to do. My father is risking his life for me anyways.

After a while longer we reach the edge where the sand meets the water. We are crouched down behind a large boulder. My father stares at me with a look that I don't quite understand. He places a hand on my shoulder and let's put a sigh. "It's time. But before I go..I have something for you." My father reaches out of his bag and pulls of a small wrapped up box that's about the size of a shoe box. He places it in my hands. "I know I'm giving you this now but I don't want you to open it until your 18th birthday. Of course I'll be back much before then but...in case-"

I stop him before he finishes his sentence. "Thank you" I pull him into a hug.

After a few seconds he pulls away from Me. "I better get going before the ship leaves."

I nod my head. "I love you dad."

He turns to look back at me. "I love you too Son."

"Oh and one more thing. Never forget that a world without magic is a world without life." After saying those last few words he disappears into the blackness of the night.

-Now-
•••••••

Ever since then I've been living by myself in the same shack which my father had built for our family. My father said it would take 4 months. Not 4 years. Tomorrow will be the anniversary of the day my father left. And of course my 18th birthday. But I haven't really liked my birthday since then..

The sun was setting and the food I had cooking over the small fire in my house was done. The shack had to be fixed up a few times because of bad storms that had blown through. So it looks a little better than before..well not really.

I live about 3 miles from the town

I live about 3 miles from the town. I don't really travel much to the town unless I'm getting food or working a job. I'm more of an outcast..that's what people view me as. People thought my dad was crazy for thinking there was a great treasure out there. There's actually quite a few rumors about what happened to my dad. Some say that he found a treasure of some sort and ran off with it. I know my dad would never do this. He'd come back to me. Others say he died but I have hope. I know he's still alive. And some people say he knew all along there was no treasure..and that the entire thing he made up. He made it up as an excuse to get away from this island and town. And me as well. But I know my dad better then all of them. I know he has a reason for not coming back. I just don't know what It could be.

I also don't have any friends. Like none at all. I stopped going to school because I got bullied so much. It really does get quite lonely. Sometimes I wish I had someone here with me. But it's ok. I'm fine with it without someone else.

I grab my dinner from the fire and munch away at it. Todays dinner consists of old chicken meat with a tad bit of salt. I got pretty lucky today. Normally I don't get to eat meat but someone was throwing the meat out and I said that I'd take it. It's not all too bad...

After I'm done eating I walk over to the mirror in my house and start brushing out my tangled locks. One reason why I got bullied so much was because of my face. I don't have a very masculine face or body in fact. But I can't really do anything to change that.

I strip off my shift and throw it on a pile of other dirty clothes. On my back is a large scar that goes from my shoulder blades all the way down the my lower back. I got this a while back when I was at my lowest...a bad storm had his and I was trying to repair the house when the roof gave out with me onto if it. I fell and sliced my back open on a sharp price of wood.

After staring at the scar on my back I quickly put the fire out and hop in bed. I hope tomorrow won't be a bad day. Maybe my luck will change since it's my 18th birthday. I chuckle to myself at the thought.

Good night world.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

First chapter of A Sea Away is complete! I'm really excited about this story and do not threat we will meet Killua soon. This is my 5th KilluGon story and I hope you enjoy!! Be prepared for cliffhanger cause that's kinda my thing as some of you who Have read my other story's know heheheh 👹 OH ALSO THIS STORY WILL NOT HAVE SMUT. IT WILL HAVE A FEW MATURE PARTS BUT NOTHING CRAZY

My other books: ——————
1. Room x Mates
2. Disappearance
3. Land and Stars
4. Runaways (discontinued)

Vote and comment what you think so far :)

Started: May 4th 2022