11) Assuming

Gon's p.o.v
•••••••••••••
By the time Killua finishes showing me things on the ship and teaching me how to work the boat, it's already getting dark out. The sun is setting. The sunset reflects off the water making it feel like we are floating on the sky. Killua motions for me to follow him and I do so. I follow him towards the front of the ship. He starts climbing up some ropes and uses some wooden beams for his footing. I watch him as he climbs all the way up until he is sitting on the highest wooden beam. He's almost as high as the tallest sail. "Alright your turn!" He yells from above.

I analyze the way up before I start. "I bet I can climb it faster then you!" I yell back.

He smirks. "Oh yea-"

Before he can finish I bolt up grabbing at the ropes as I go up. He looks shocked at how fast I'm moving up. I almost slip a few times but I catch myself. I pull myself up the last wooden beam and give him a proud smile. He looks like he's trying to hold in a smile but gives up. He chuckles to himself. "Still not faster then me though."

I scoff. "Well you've done this many times before me!"

He crosses his arms. "You don't know that.."

"Well I'm assuming."

"Don't assume things."

"Don't assume things" I mock him.

"Your really asking for it. I'll..." he stops talking.

"You'll what? Huh?" Somehow we ended up closer to each other.

He pushes my head away and just laughs nervously. "You win."

"Hehe. I always win."

"Mhmm."

We sit in silence for a while. It was a nice silence. Both of us are staring out into the ocean. The sun lights up our faces once more before it slowly disappears.

"If I'm being honest, it's kinda nice being able to talk to someone else my age. Well I'm assuming your my age?"

He nods. "I'm 18."

I smile. "I thought so."

"Back on the island I was kinda a loner." I scratch the back of my neck while keeping a small smile on my face. "After my dad left I sorta shut myself off from everyone. So..it's nice not being alone anymore."

When I look back up at him he's just staring at me. He waits a moment before saying anything. "I get that. But I'm glad you don't feel lonely anymore."

He moves his legs to where they are dangling over the ledge of the wooden beam. I get a little tired of sitting around so I grab onto one of the ropes. I give Killua a quick glance and then jump from the ledge while still holding onto the rope. Killua looks at me with wide eye. (Use book cover for what the scene looks like) I swing around in the air while Killua just sits and watches me.
.
.
.
After a few hours Killua and I climb back down. Once we touch the deck floor we notice Leorio standing there watching us. He's got a smug look in his face. "So that's where you two have been. I've been looking for you Killua." Leorio has one hand on his hip and an eyebrow raised. Leorios face turns red and he uses his hands to cover it. "Leorio don't say something you'll regret." He mumbles.

Leorio just laughs. "I won't. Anyways, the wind is starting to pick up and we might head off course. We should be at the island by tomorrow if the wind stays strong."

Killua nods and then looks back at me. "I'll be up for most of the night steering us. You head back to the bunk room and get some rest. We've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

"I actually like sleeping in the lower deck. The couch down there isn't too bad. Im not a fan of sleeping with a bunch of people in a room at a time." I look to the side.

He chuckles. "You could just..-"

"Just get some rest. Doesn't matter where you sleep." He turns away and heads to the ships wheel.

I smile after watching him walk away. Leorio looks at me.

"What?" I say

"Nothing. It's nothing." Leorio goes back over to Killua and they start talking about something but I'm too far away to hear. Eventually I go back down to the lower deck and plop onto the couch.

Killua's p.o.v
•••••••••••••••
"Sooooooo?" Leorio try's to get me to say something.

"Nothing happened. And nothing will happen. We've literally known each other for a few days. Plus we're just starting to get along better."

"Well if anything happens, let me know. I know that a new relationship could sound exciting and I actually do trust him this time..it's just I don't want a repeat of what happened with Oliver. You weren't really yourself after that."

I sigh. "Nothings gonna happen. He doesn't even swing that way."

"You know that for sure?

"Well no but it's pretty obvious." I turn the wheel a little to the left.

"I mean......"

"Just drop it. I'm telling you nothing is gonna happen."

"Ok.." Leorio shrugs and leans up against a wooden pillar.
.
.
.
I stay focused on directing the ship. I pull the book with the map and coordinates out of my pocket and flip through the pages. I look over the coordinates and note how impressive Gon's handwriting is. It's neat and well written. The thoughts about his hand writing lead to thoughts about him, himself. I think about everything that we did today. Especially the part where we climbed up to the highest sail. I haven't had that much fun in a while. I've been so preoccupied with finding the island and getting the items that old lady asked for that I haven't really had time for "fun". It's funny how we started off hating each other to how we are now. I don't know how Gon feels about me but I hope he thinks we're friends..or something close to friends..
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Ty for reading!!!

Question of the chapter:

Does Leorio ship it or na?
A. Yes, He wants Killua to be happy with someone
B. Yes, he thinks it's funny watching them
C. No, he thinks Killua needs to focus on his task
D. No, he doesn't like Gon