14) Let's go outside

Killua's p.o.v
••••••••••••••••

The 4 of us were sat at a table that was almost to small for all of us to fit at but we made it work. Leorio and Kurapika sat next to each other and Gon and I were in front of them. The waiter was a girl who looked to be in her mid 20's. Kurapika knew her. Well he knows everyone on this island pretty much since it's so small.

She hands us the menus and Gon instantly starts looking over it. I smile as I watch him look the menu up and down. When I look back at Kurapika and Leorio, they both are staring at me and smirking. I give them both a glare and pick up my own menu.

There aren't a ton of things to choose from but that's expected on a small island. Once the waitress comes back over we all order and give up the menus. Gon is looking down at his hands and fidgeting with them.

"What?" I ask while watching him.

"I...uh...I don't have any money.."

I shake my head slightly. "I'm paying stupid. You don't have to pay for anything."

"Well now I feel bad." He makes a pouting face and keeps messing with his hands. I grab one of his hands and pull it away from him. The two others are too distracted with each other to notice.

"The book will be your payment for everything. Don't worry about anything else. I've collected lots of money over the years I've been looking for the island anyways."

He nods lightly and I let go of his wrist. After about 20 minutes of waiting, the food finally comes out. Leorio and Kurapika got something to share, I got Salmon, and Gon...he got something off the kids menu..

I stare at the plate in fort of Gon and try to keep from laughing.

"Whatttttt! It's still good whether it's on the kids menu or not!" Gon crosses his arms.

"You're a child." I say through my smile.

"Shut up.."

"Are you gonna throw a tantrum like one too?" I say.

His face turns bright red from embarrassment. "I hate you.."

"So your resorting to lying now too?"

"Ughhgghhg" Gon groans out from annoyance but when he turns away from me I see a smile form in the corner of his mouth.

I let out a puff of air before turning back to facing Leorio who is sitting directly in front of me. Kurapika starts up a conversation with Gon but I don't pay much attention to what he's saying.

Leorio learns a few inches over the table and whispers to me. "I don't think I've seen you stay this happy in years."

I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks. I slide a hand through my hair and take my eyes off Gon instantly. Leorio saw me starring..

"It's just that..I've been able to take my mind off everything these past few days."

"And Gon's the one who's on your mind now, isn't he?"

I hesitate at first but then I shake my head. "No.."

"Your hesitation says it all. I don't get why you won't admit it. He's cute and cheerful. He's exactly what you need right now."

"Yea but he's not...you know.."

"Gay?" Leorio says this a little louder then I wanted. Luckily Kurapika has Gon distracted by whatever they are talking anoint.

"Why are you so scared? He already knows which way you swing."

"Just keep down will ya."

"Fine, fine. But seriously, you don't know if he's straight for sure. I've seen him flirt with you."

"I don't think he actually knows what he's doing though. He can be a bit..air headed sometimes."

Leorio frowns and roles his eyes. "Have you seen the way he looks at you? I mean if I didn't know y'all and I saw the way you two looked at each other,  I woulda though you were in love for Pete's sake!"

I glance over at Gon. He's thoughtfully enjoying his conversation and he smiles occasionally.

"I can't like him.." I mumble.

"Why not!" Leorio almost stands up from the table but I quickly grab his arm.

"Let's go outside shall we?" Leorio nods and we both rise from the table.

Gon looks over at me with a confused look in his face. "We'll be right back."
Gon nods and goes back to talking with Kurapika.

After Leorio and I get outside I let out a shakey sigh. "I can't let myself like him because there's no point! Why would I let myself like someone who I won't ever see again! He'll be gone once he finds the island. He'll stay on that island and I'll be leaving the moment I get the things I need. I don't want to hurt him or myself."

Leorio looks at the ground for a second and back to me. "You're right, I'm sorry."

I shove my hands in my pockets and go back inside, leaving Leorio outside. I take a seat back in my chair and I feel two pairs of eyes on me.

"What was that about?" Kurapika asks.

"I'm sure Leorio will tell you later." I say trying not to sound annoyed. I grab my fork and mess around with my food but don't actually eat it.

"Ah..ok." Kurapika keeps giving me a few side glances but I ignore them. A few minutes later Leorio walks in and basically acts as nothing happened.

"I'm starving!" He quickly digs into his food and eats like he hasn't eaten in days. After a while it gets a little awkward cause no one will say anything. I watch as Gon picks up the last fry from his plate and eats it. He then leans back in his chair and places both hands over his stomach.

He looks over at me and smiles. I wish he wouldn't look at me like that...

"I'm so full I feel like I'm gonna explode."

I shake my head and chuckle. "You had a kids meal."

"Soooo? It was still a lot." He looks over at my place and notices I ate nothing.

"You didn't even eat!" He squints his eyes at me.

"I wasn't that hungry. Well since your dine wanna head back to the inn? I think Leorio and Kurapika have something's to talk about." I say while looking between the two.

"Oh ok. Yea I'm ready to head back." Gon and I get up from the table. Gon gives them a quick wave goodbye and then we start walking back to the inn. The sun is already starting to set making it a pretty walk walk back. Gon stays quiet for most of the way.

"What we're you and Kurapika talking about?" I ask.

He gives me a glance but quickly looks back in front of him. "Oh Um nothing much." He says this quietly.

"Ok now you sound suspicious. I wanna know."

"It's non of your business." He waves a finger in front of my face but I swat it away.

"Ok whatever.."

Gon picks up the pace as we walk for some reason. Why's he in a rush to get back?
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Question of the chapter 👽

What do you think Gon and Kurapika were talking about at the restaurant?