28) Stolen Kiss

Killua's P.O.V

-----------------

My mind is all over the place right now. So many thoughts racing through my head. I shut my eyes, taking a deep breath, trying to regain my focus. Alright, Killua, time to pull it together.

The forest on this island is massive, I mean seriously massive. But hey, I'm not one to back down from a challenge. I carefully tread over the vibrant green plants and nimbly navigate around fallen tree trunks. The air here is so fresh, with a crispness that invigorates every cell in my body. And the wind? It's like a sweet caress against my face, as if the island itself is giving me a warm welcome...

As I stroll through the lush grass, I spot Oliver huddled down, fixated on something on the ground. Curiosity gets the better of me, and I make my way over to join him.

"What's got your attention?" I inquire, causing Oliver to jump. He quickly points towards an object in front of him. It appears to be a weathered stone with intricate carvings etched into its surface. Intrigued, I watch as Oliver brushes away some of the dirt, revealing the words hidden beneath.

My eyes widen as I take in the message engraved on the stone. "A world without magic is a world without life," I whisper, my voice barely audible.

Oliver glances over at me, a hint of impatience in his eyes. "Come on, let's not get sidetracked. We're not here to solve Gon's problems. Our mission is to find the items that will help your sister."

Ignoring Oliver's skepticism, I snatch the stone from the ground and carefully tuck it into my trusty bag. "I'll just give it to Gon when we meet up at sunset," I declare.

Oliver rolls his eyes. "Wouldn't it be easier to let go of this infatuation? By carrying that stone, you're practically carrying a piece of him with you. How do you expect to stay focused on our own mission?"

But I don't let his words deter me.

"You're the one who was so obsessed with it," I retort, a touch of irritation creeping into my voice.

"Well, maybe I should just give it to him," Oliver declares. "You shouldn't be fretting over Gon anyway. After all, you won't be seeing him again after today."

I shoot Oliver a glare. "Just focus on finding my items, will you?"

With that, I march away from Oliver and resume my search. It's been a few hours already, but I'm making good progress - I've managed to find two of the items I need. Things are looking up, and I can't help but feel a glimmer of hope as I continue my quest..

Gons POV
•••••••••••

Hours have passed, and there's still no sign of my dad. Where on earth could he be?

Refusing to lose hope, I press on, my footsteps carrying me further and further. And then, like a beacon of possibility, I stumble upon a peculiar sight: a makeshift well. Ah, now this could mean something! Someone must have built this well, right here in the middle of nowhere.

I perch myself on the well's stone ledge, peering down into the murky depths. And there, staring right back at me, is my own reflection. I study the face that looks so much like my father's, hoping that maybe, just maybe, this little well has some answers for me..

I kept walking in the same direction as I had found the well, my eyes fixated on the ground beneath me with each careful step. Suddenly, the sound of twigs snapping jolted me out of my thoughts. I swiftly turned my head, scanning the area for any sign of movement or life. But there was nothing, just the peaceful stillness of the forest. Maybe it was just an animal, nothing to worry about.