10) Teach and Learn

Gon's p.o.v
•••••••••••••

Instead of going back to the the bunk room I decide to go to a lower deck instead. It's hard sleeping in a room full of snoring men. On the lowest deck there is a small room that has a couch. It's small but I'd rather sleep in here then with everyone else. I grab a dusty blanket from the floor and shake it off. Once it looks better I lay down on the couch and wrap myself in the blanket. It's definitely cold down here..

I lay there for a while and process everything that has happened in the past few days. It's hard to believe how quick everything happened. Who would've thought I'd be on a boat in the middle of the ocean with people I'd never met before. And Killua...he's strange.
His story did make up for how he treated me but I'm still a little upset wit him. I'll probably get over it. And another thing..who would've thought that he'd be into boys. That took me by surprise. I don't have a problem with it of course I just didn't expect it..

The exhaustion finally catches up with my body so I fall asleep almost immediately.
.
.
.
Next Morning
.
.
.
I wake up before the sun rises. My eyes are tired but I can't fall back asleep. Instead of laying down and doing nothing, I decide to get up and go to the main deck. I walk up the creaky stairs trying to be as quiet as I can. Once I get up, I notice Killua right away. He's messing around with some of the sails. I walk over to him and let out a quiets yawn. He glances over at me. "Your up early."

"I could say the same for you."

"Someone's gotta keep us on course. Speaking of that, I'm gonna need those coordinates."

"Oh..right." I fidget around with my hands.

"Come with me to my cabin and you can write them down for me. After that I'll show you how to do some stuff around the ship."

I nod. "Ok."

I follow him into his cabin. He shuts the door behind him and motions for me to sit at his desk. "Everything looks familiar due to the fact that I've already been in here before. Not in the best way but...

He grabs a pen and paper for me to write on and puts the book down in front of me. He watches me very carefully as I open the book. "Don't try anything funny." He says.

I role my eyes. "I'm not." I quickly start writing out each coordinate and then dotting it on the map in the book as well. It takes me about 30 minutes to do all of it. Once I'm done Killua takes the book from me and looks over it. He looks satisfied so I must have done good. While he's still looking over  it I glance over at his huge book wall. I stare at it in awe. He notices me staring. "You can borrow one if you want. as long as you give it back. I know you tired stealing a shit ton of books from me before."

"Ughhhh can't you get over that. It's not like I actually got away with it."

"You still tried to steal!"

"Hmf..." I cross my arms and slouch in the chair.

He sighs. "Come on. Back to the deck. The suns starting to rise so I can teach you how to manage the sails. It's not easy and it takes a lot of training but with me teaching it'll be a lot easier for you.
.
.
.
Easier my ass. It's been 4 hours and he is still showing me stuff about the sails. This is way to complicated for my brain. I cannot process the words that he is saying.

"And that's pretty much it about the sails. Let's move on to the wheel." He motions for me to follow him over to the front of the ship.

"Can't we take a break." I complain.

"Uhhhh no. Who do I look like to you? I don't take breaks." He's says this in a tone like I just said the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard.

I groan and follow him to the front. He starts messing around this the wheel. "This here is what controls the rutters which are at the very front bottom of the ship. Without the rutters we wouldn't be able to control the ship."

I nod. I'm not really listening much. Just staring at the beautiful sunset. I've never seen it from out in the ocean before. It's stunning..

He must have noticed me zooming out because next thing I know he's pinching me on the arm

He must have noticed me zooming out because next thing I know he's pinching me on the arm. "Ow!" I swat at his hand but he pulls it back before I can hit him.

"I thought you wanted to learn!"

"I do but the sunrise is distracting.." I move my foot on the ground a little and avoid eye contact with him.

He quickly turns his face away from me for a moment. He's looking the opposite way of where the sun is rising. "Are you ok?" I ask hesitantly.

He nods but doesn't turn around. "Yea..just don't do...never mind..." after a few seconds later he turns back around. He glides a hand through his thick fluffy hair and lets out a deep breath. "We'll be making a quick stop at a near by island. We'll be picking someone up who's gonna be very helpful. He's a very skilled navigator."

"Oh ok. And after that we'll start our journey to Light Haven?"

"Yea. I know I've already said this but it's not going to be an easy journey. I already thought it before I looked at where the coordinates were gonna take us but after looking at them I'm even more sure of it. We will be passing though some pretty bad areas. It's dangerous and you should always been looking out for yourself. I won't take back what I said earlier either. Don't expect me or my crew to be there to save you."

I don't know why but that hurt a little. "I know.." I mumble.

He closes his blue eyes for a moment and re opens them. "Glad you understand. Now let's get back to what we were doing"

He teaches me more stuff around the ship for hours. He shows me where food is, how to clean the decks, where the canons are in case of an attack, and he says tomorrow he'll teach me how to defend myself. I'm a bit more excited for that one..maybe if I beg him enough he'll even teach me how to fight with a sword!

We'll just have to see.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Ty for reading bbs

🤩 Question if the chapter. 🤩

Will Killua teach Gon how to fight?
A. No because he fears he'll turn against him.
B. No because he doesn't have the time
C. Yes because he wants him to be able to protect himself
D. Yes because he wants to spend more time with him