27) Sunset

Gon's p.o.v
•••••••••••••
"Killua is incapable of loving someone else. Trust me. I used to date him I would know. He's not going to blink twice when it's time for you guys to go your separate ways." Oliver says.

"...."

"I'm just trying to warn you Gon. You should stop trying to get with him. It'll make things less difficult when tomorrow comes."

"Fuck you Oliver." 

I glare at him before storming out of the room. Suddenly I feel a strong hand grip my arm. I whip around and glare harshly at who I assume is Oliver.

"Gon...I'm just trying to help you."

"I don't want your help." And with that I yank out of his grip and walk away from him.

I make my way back to Killuas Cabin and plop onto his bed and let out a loud groan. It's none of his business...

Not long after me, Killua comes into the room and looks over at me. "We're arriving at the island Tomorrow.."

"wait really?!"

He nods. "Looks like we were closer then we thought." Killua has his hands in his pockets and is staring right infront of the door.

"So um..Once we get to the island..what are you gonna do?"

"I'll immediately start looking for the items the old lady told me to find. And after I find them I'll make the journey back to my island."

For some reason it hurts a little bit hearing him talk about going home to his island.

He doesn't take his eyes off me. "And you'll look for your dad?"

I nod. "yea.."

There's a long silence between us. It's like we're both thinking of the same thing but neither of us want to bring it up.

"Alright then. I just wanted to let you know. I'm gonna get back to work on the ship. I'll be back around Sunset."

And with that he leaves the room leaving me by myself.

I get up from the bed and go over to his desk. I sit down and glance at all the papers, books, and maps that are on the desk. I chuckle to myself realizing how messy he actually is.  I run a hand through my hair and pick one of the paper pieces. I begin to examine it closely. I realize this is a map. And its not just any map either. I realize it's a map of my island. He must of used this when he first came to my island. I probably won't be going back there for a long time. I'll be staying on Light Haven with my dad for as long as I can.

A few hours later.

I'm still at the desk by the time Killua comes back in the room. It's already dark outside. He looks really exhausted from working in the boat all day.

He sees me and sighs.
"You didn't go to sleep."
"No. I didn't. I thought I'd wait for you to come back first."

He raises an eyebrow. "Did you wanna talk about something?"

"Not really.."

"mm ok." Killua flips over on the bed and gets under the covers. He closes his eyes and falls asleep almost instantly. I was right about him being tired. I go over to the bed and lay next to him.
"Good night, Killu," I whisper before laying my head back on my pillow. I shut my eyes tight and drift off to sleep.
••••••••••••••••••••
The next morning

My eyes slowly flutter open due to the brightness of the morning light. I let out a soft yawn before hopping out of Killuas bed. I glance over at him. He's still sleeping soundly. I debate on wheater or not I should wake him up. I end up deciding against it. he needs as much rest as he can get. He still has a long journey ahead of him. And mine...my journey is about to be over.