12) Bonding

The Next Morning: Gon's p.o.v
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I wake up the next morning to the sound of moving coming from above me. By the sound of it it seems like the crew is busy working on the ship today. I throw on a clean pair of clothes that I had packed in my bag and the climb my way up the stairs to the main deck. I sure was right..everyone is quickly moving about the ship doing their own things. I look around for Killua but I don't see him. I spot Leorio over by the wheel so I make my way over. He greets me with a smile. "Morning Gon. As you can tell we are almost to the island so everyone is doing their job to prepare for docking." I look out and see land in the distance. We are a lot closer then I thought we were.

"So what's gonna happen once we get to the island? I ask.

"I'll be the one who goes and finds our navigator. He has no idea about this expedition so I'll have to fill him in on everything. He's been a friend of mine and Killua for quite awhile. He'll be more then happy to help. And Killua will probably take you around the town for a while and then back to a local inn so y'all can wash up. We'll be staying the night at the island and will leave early the next morning."

"Alright. Oh where's Killua by the way?"

Leorio smiles slightly. "He's in his cabin. He's probably going over the map. He won't mind if you go in."

I nod my head happily. "Thanks!" I head off in the direction of Killuas cabin. I feel someone watching me and turns out Oliver was walking right behind me. I turn around and gave him.

He smiles. This smile doesn't feel genuine. Almost like it was forced. "Where ya going? If your not busy you should help me load up the canons."

"Oh..Um I was actually going to talk to Killua."

"Killua huh. Just to warn you he's not who he seems to be. I know he's already told you about us but I'm honestly just trying to look out for you. Don't let him fool you." Oliver quickly turns away from me and steps over to the canons.

What does he mean by that...

I shrug and knock on Killua's door. I hear the sound of papers shuffling and a chair scrapping against the wood. The door opens and he pokes his head out. "Oh..hi Gon." He opens the door more for me to come in. I step inside and admire his book shelf again.

"I have a question for you." I say while still looking through some of his books.

"Go ahead."

"Why is Oliver still on the ship if y'all broke up?"

He lets out a soft, quiet laugh. "Cause he's good at what he does. Plus he was a crew member even before we started dating so it wouldn't be right for me to kick him off."

"Ah.." I glance over at Killua. He's got his face buried into that book.

"Oh by the way you'll be sticking with me while we are in the island. This island is one of the safer ones but it's still got it's sketchy parts. I'll show you around the town and then we'll go to an Inn to shower."

"So we're stuck with each other for the whole day?" I say sarcastically.

He smirks. "We'll be stuck together for a lot longer then a day mate."

I lean up against the book shelf and watch him and his eyes move up and down over the pages.

Eventually he closes the book. "We'll be docking in a few minutes. Let's head to the deck. I need to be steering the ship."

I follow Killua out of his room and to the ships wheel. Killua is pretty amazing at controlling this boat. He makes it look so easy.

After a few more minutes we are finally docked at the island. We use a wooden plank to get across to the land. It feels so good to be on solid land again. I start wandering off when I see a cool stand with someone selling stuff. It's cutely decorated and there are flowers all around the stand. I start walking closer but Killua pulls my arm back. "Remember when I said you'll be sticking with me?"

I role my eyes. "I literally walked a few feet away."

"I don't want you more then 5 feet away from me at all times. I'm serious."

"Ughhgghhggghg" I groan and follow Killua as he walks into the town. Leorio has already gone off to find the Navigator and the rest of the crew has gone to do things that they needed to get done.

I look at everything as we pass. There are tons of little outdoor stands with lots of items for sale. Killua passes by everything. "Can't we stop and look at some stuff?"

"No. These people will scam you out of your money." He says.

"Your no fun."

He stops walking and turns around, staring at me. "Oh really? Then what do you consider fun?"

"I wanna explore the shops and talk to new people!"

"How have you not died yet. You know a kidnapper would love to take someone like you. Your dumb."

"I am not!"

"Are to"

I try and hit Killua on the arm but he dodges. His smile turns into a smirk. "Can't catch meeeee"

I immediately start running after him but he instantly sprints in the opposite direction. We're both a laughing mess as we run around the island tying to catch each other. This goes on for hours. The chase switched up a few times to where he's running after me and then switches back to me chasing him. My legs grow tied so I stop running and bend over placing my hands on my knees. I'm completely out of breath. Killua walks back over to me. He's breathing just as hard as I am. The moment our eyes meet we both burst into laughter. "We really just ran around for hours didn't we." I say while wiping sweat from my forehead.

"Pfft. Yea."

I lay down all sprawled out in the dirt. He comes over and lays next to me. "Can you carry me back to the inn? I'm to tired." I complain.

"Yea right. I'm tired too." He says elbowing me in the side.

It's so strange to me - The feeling I get when I'm with Killua. It feels like we've known each other for so long even though we haven't. It's a nice feeling..I'm glad I snuck onto his ship in the first place cause if I haven't I wouldn't be here right now. I wouldn't be any where near finding my dad. Even though I know Killua isn't helping me because he initially wanted too, I'm still great full to him. He could have thrown me off the ship once I gave him the coordinates. But he didn't...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
QUESTION OF THE CAPTER 💅🏻

How do you think Oliver will react to the newly built friendship of Killua and Gon?

👹