13) Old friend

Killua's p.o.v
••••••••••••••••
Gon ended up falling asleep laying on the dirt. It was about mid afternoon when I brought him back to the inn we were staying at. I layed him down on one of the two beds that were in the room. It had been decided that Gon and I would be sharing a room. I didn't really mind.

Today was fun. I had originally planned for us to do a lot more and see a lot more but things change. Sometimes for the better. I did really have fun today..I felt like how I did when I was a kid. Worry free and young. I felt free for a while. But those feelings ended quicker then I had hoped. After today we won't have much time to joke around. I'll be hyper focused on getting that cure for Alluka. And I know that Gon is just trying to find his dad. Once we find the island we'll have to go our separate ways. I don't even know why I'm letting myself get close to him in the first place. It'll just hurt more when we have to separate. I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. Eventually I turn my head and look at the sleeping figure in the bed next to me. He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. So vulnerable.

Im shaken out of my thoughts by a knock to the door. I groan as I sit up and walk to the door. I poke my head out to see who it is. It's none other then Oliver. I quickly step outside the room and shut the door behind me. I don't know what he has to say but I have a feeling it's something I don't want Gon to hear.

"Are you screwing that boy." He says bluntly.

I glare at him. "I met him less then a week ago."

"You should leave him alone before you hurt him too. Don't drag him into your miserable life. We all know your putting on a fake face for him."

"That's not true! I'm doing a lot better..thats why I'm able to laugh and smile now. I'm not who I was back then..and it's not my fault either way! My sister was..- is on the verge of death! What do you expect from me. Of course I'm going to be freaking out! Of course I'm going to do everything I can to save her. And I get that that's something you don't understand. Just don't get in my way anymore. And I don't want to see you talk to Gon. I'd rather not have him be exposed to your narcissistic self." I clench my teeth shut.

"I'm not a fucking Narcissist. Keep your damn mouth shut and don't tell me what the fuck to do. I'll make you regret ever talking to me like that." Oliver snaps his body around and stomps away.

I really hate him more and more everyday. Things would be so much easier if I had never dated him. I sigh and walk back inside the room. To my surprise Gon had just woken up. His hair is all messed up and he still looks tired. He is sitting up on his bed.

"Sorry you had to actually carry me back...I was just joking about that." He mumbles.

I chuckle. "It's alright. Your light anyways."

Gon stretches out his arms towards the ceiling and rises from the bed. "I'm gonna bathe."

I nod and watch him as he closes himself in the bathroom. I can hear the water turn on. I let out a sigh and step over to where the balcony in our room is. I open one of the glass doors that leads outside. I quietly close it behind me, walk over to the railing, and place my arms on it. We have a beautiful view of island and ocean. I can see the town from here. Down below I spot Leorio and Kurapika. They are looking up at me and waving. I smile and quickly leave the balcony to go greet them outside the inn.

Kurapika greets me with a wide smile and a hug. "I've missed ya! It's been way longer then  it should have. Leorio filled me in on everything with the new guy. I'm glad that after 5 years of looking for the island you've finally gotten a step closer. Your sister will be healed soon.."

I nod. "I hope so."

Kurapika glances at Leorio and then back at me. "Sooo how are you liking the new guy? Gon was his name right?"

I catch Leorio elbow Kurapika in the side. Yep. Leorio definitely told him something about Gon and I.

I keep my mouth in a straight line as I look at the two of them. They have been in a weird relationship for a while. They both know they like eachother yet they won't officially get into a relationship. Leorio told me it was cause they don't see each other very often anymore and it's just less to worry about if they don't get in a relationship. So I guess they could be considered friends with benefits? My brain can't keep up with it all.

"Yea Gon..he's washing up right now. He's alright."

"Just alright?" Kurapika adds while raising up his eyebrows.

"I mean..he's.." I struggle to get the words out. But thankfully before I can say anything else Gon comes skipping around the corner straight to us.

"Hi guys! I saw you all from the balcony." His gaze shifts over to Kurapika.

"Oh, Gon this is Kurapika. He's the navigator who will be helping us on our journey. So you'll be seeing a lot more of him." I say while gesturing at Kurapika.

Gon nods and smiles at him.

"I think Kurapika and I are going to head to town to grab something to eat before we settle into the inn. Care to join?" Leorio says while looking between Gon and I.

Gon looks like he's about to drool over just the idea of food. I keep a laugh in and nod to Leorios suggestion.

"Alright then. Kurapika knows some good places so we'll just follow him." Leorio adds.

When I look back over at Gon he seems lost in thought. His lips are slightly curved downward but not enough to form a frown and his deep brown eyes light up from the sun beating down on us. The walk to town was filled with small conversations and the occasional flirting coming from Leorio and Kurapika in front of us.

We finally arrive at a small restaurant barley big enough to hold 6 parties.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Question of the chapter 👹

Why does Killua struggle to get his words out when he's talking about Gon?