15) Last Chance

Killua's p.o.v
••••••••••••••••
Gon doesn't slow down much on the walk back to the inn. I really wanted to take him to the beach so I could talk to him about some things..but he seems to be in a rush.

I catch up to Gon and give him a light tap on the shoulder. He stops walking and turns his body half way around to look at me. "Yea?"

"Um..well I actually need to talk to you about some stuff. We could go down to the beach? There's less people out at this hour. It was right before the sun was about to start setting.

He looks back in the direction of the inn but he nods his head in agreement. "Sure"

I give him a nod. I wasn't originally planning on talking to him about this but now that we don't really hate each other as much I think it's best that I do. He needs to know what I mean when I say that the journey ahead of us is dangerous. I know for a fact that out of my crew, some of us won't make it back alive. It's the scary truth..

I'm broken out of my thoughts once I feel the sand beneath my feet. Gon is walking next to me with his head slightly lowered. I stop walking.

"Gon. Look....I don't think you really understand the details of this trip. Well I didn't really explain to you why it's going to be dangerous and why people could get killed."

He looks me straight in the eyes and listens quietly.

"The places that we have to travel through to get to Light Haven...they are the worst of the worst. We will pass by and even stop at other islands that are full of murderers, rapists, kidnappers, and prostitutes. To be specific, the bad area that we will go through is what other pirates and sailors call Deaths Strip. It's basically a line of islands that are infested with bad things and bad people. People disappear on these islands and are never heard or seen from again. I've only ever been through once. I vowed to myself that I would never go back again but here we are. The reason I'm telling you this is because once we leave tomorrow, there will be no turning back. Now is your last chance to go back home." I don't take my eyes off him once as I talk.

A slight frown forms on his lips. He's looking down at the sand with his hands in his pockets. "Oh"

I know he's worried about what might happen.

"I still want to go with you."

I shut my eyes for a few seconds and re open them, letting out a soft sigh. "If that's your choice then so be it." I shift my gaze towards the ocean waves.

"My father has been talking about a treasure..or something that is so great that it could change our lives forever. I know he wouldn't have left me if he wasn't positive that this...this something existed. And whatever he was talking about is on the Light Haven island and I believe he is there too. He's waiting for me..I just know it. At this point he's all I have left to live for. So I'll do anything to get back to him." Gon sounds like he's trying to keep himself together while he talks. I want to tell him that he's worth so much more then just one person but I can't really talk. I'm also putting my life on the line to save my sister.

"Then prepare yourself for tomorrow." I turn away from him and walk back to the inn. He follows behind me. Neither of us say a word to each other the entire way back.

Next Morning 5am
•••••••••••••••••••••••
I wake up before the run rises. I hop out of bed and head straight to the bathroom to shower before we set off. I pull the lever at the bottom of the shower and warm water sprinkles out of the shower head. I throw my clothes on the floor and step in, closing the curtain behind me. I think about everything I told Gon yesterday and if there was anything else important that I should tell him.

After a few minutes I turn off the water and wrap a towel around my waist. I step out of the bathroom and am surprised to see Gon sitting up on his bed. He jumps a bit when I walk out of the bathroom. I must of scared him heh.

He quickly shifts his eyes to the window.

"Your up early." I say while grabbing some clothes to change into.

"I didn't really sleep very well last night.."

"Oh. Well you can always rest up for a few hours while we are on the ship. According to the map it'll take about 8 hours to get to Deaths Strip."

"That's ok. I want to help out around the ship."

I smile. "Sure.."

I take my clothes into the bathroom and change into them. I'm wearing a white long sleeve button up with brown suspenders going up and over my shoulder. I use the towel to try and dry off my hair but once I come out of the bathroom it's still a little damp.

•WHAT KILLUA IS WEARING•

Gon already has all his things packed and ready to go. I quickly finish putting the last few things in my bag. Once I finish packing up, I zip everything inside and throw my bag and Gon's Bag over my shoulders.

"I can carry my own bag.." Gon mumbles from behind me.

I ignore him and walk out the door. Gon once again follows behind me.

"I'm gonna head straight to the ship. Could you wake up Kurapika and Leorio for me? They are in room 12 it's 4 down from us. God forbid I get one right next to to ours." I mumble that last part so Gon doesn't hear it.

"Yea sure. I'll just meet you on the ship then."

I nod and being walking down the long hallway toward the buildings exit. The walk back to the ship is a quiet one. No one is up yet and it's still pretty dark out since all the lanterns are out. Most people don't keep their lanterns lit trough the night since it's a fire hazard. I can see my ship in the distance. The rest of my crew must already be up and busy getting the ship ready for departure. It's nicely lit up and I can hear the sound of my men working hard. I grin and hurry to the boat.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER

Do you think Killua will regret letting Gon go with him on the journey?