24) Appreciation

Gons p.o.v
•••••••••••••

After neither of us say anything else I end up leaving him be for a while.

I wander around the ship and look out into the sea. Killua seems to be focused on steering the ship. There isn't any sign of him being bothered or impatient, which is nice for him.

After a few hours pass I decide to go back to Killuas cabin. I walk across the deck quietly trying not to make any noise. Everyone else seems to be hard at work so I don't want to disturb anyone. When I get to the door of my cabin I open it. I see Killua lying back in bed with his arm dangling above his head while his fingers lazily traced patterns on his chest. When he sees me come inside a smile quickly falls onto his lips. If I'm being honest I expected him to not want to talk to me.

"Hey.." Killua says while sitting up and turning to fully face me.
"Hey." I say back as I close the door behind me.
He smiles again and goes back to looking at the ceiling. He keeps drawing circles on his torso. His hand stops for a second and he reaches up to touch the bruises covering his arm. They were fading now but still noticeable..they must have been from when he fought that guy who tired to hurt me yesterday.

"Are your injuries better?" I ask.

He lifts his gaze from the ceiling to look at me. "Yeah they are better, thank you."

"Anytime." I reply before walking over and taking a seat on the edge of Killuas bed.

"Kurapika told me we should arrive at another island later tonight. I wish we could stay the night on the island but I don't think we have time. I want to get to Light haven as soon as possible." Killua says.

"I'm fine with that."

Killua looks over at me again. "While we are on the island I do want to take you to a neat spot on the beach. It's super secluded and the water is beautiful. I think you'd really like it. I've been to the island we are heading to a few times so I know the area."

I nod my head excitedly. "that sounds like fun." I say with a smile.

"Mhm. And while we are at the beach Kurapika and Leorio are going to get more supplies for the ship. Oliver might have to come with us to the beach unfortunately."
"Why is that?" I ask curiously.
"Well Oliver says he wants wants to keep an eye on you. After that whole ordeal he was afraid you'd get kidnapped or something. I don't believe a word he says but I can stop him from following us." Killua says.

"Well I don't really need him to come with us. I guess I feel safe enough around you now." I say with a smirk.

killua raises an eyebrow. "you guess?"

"Yeah I mean I trust you." I reply.
Killua laughs. "Really? That's funny because you seemed very suspicious when we first met." Killua then turns to look at me and smiles warmly.
A blush creeps its way to my cheeks.

"well to be fair you were very rude when we first met." I counter.

"I wasn't being rude on purpose ok!" I just didn't want to deal with you. You wouldn't tell me anything." Killua argues.

"You didn't tell me anything either." I remind him.

"And I apologized for that." Killua huffs, folding his arms.

My eyes narrow. "Fine then. I forgive you." I say while holding in a smile.

He lets out a quiet chuckle.

5 Hours later.

We finally arrived at the island. Killua left the cabin a while ago to help Kurapika dock the ship. I stayed in the cabin and read some more of Killuas books.

I was getting pretty bored though so I decided to check out if everyone had made it to land yet.

I walk up to the railing that connects the deck to the land and I lean forward slightly taking a few steps at a time. Killua was right about the beach. It was beautiful. The sand was Snow White and the water was crisp. Even the smell of salt was welcoming. The sun was starting to set and casting a dark orange light across the water. And there was a slight breeze blowing which felt great against my skin.

"So you like the view?" I turn away from the ocean to see Killua standing next to me.

He has this smile plastered on his lips and he seems happy.
"The view is absolutely amazing Killua."

"well if you follow me I'll show you the secluded beach I was talking about earlier. And what makes this even better is that Oliver isn't gonna come with us any more. I made him help Leorio and Kurapika hehe." Killua explains while leading me down the sand path.

"How did you convince him?" I ask

"I threatened to beat him to death if he didn't help them. He didn't put up much of a fight though."

I burst out into laughter. "oh I'm sure you said that." I say while still laughing.

Once we reach the small clearing that connects to the beach, Killua points to a small hill that over looks the sea and tells me we can sit down there.

As we make our way towards the little hill he begins showing me all sorts of things on the shore. I stay quiet and listen to what he says.

It's interesting actually. He knows a lot about plants, rocks, seashells. We talk for awhile and watch as it gets darker outside. Killua stops talking all of a sudden and looks at me.

"What's wrong?" I ask

"Nothing, nothing..I just wanted to ask you something." Killua replies while staring into my eyes. I give him a questioning look.

"If i may..have I ever told you that I really appreciate you?" Killua asks.

This takes me by surprise and I stutter a bit.

"I didn't want to tell you earlier cause I was a bit embarrassed ." He admits while running the back of his neck. "But it's true. Ever since I met you...I didn't understand why you were able to get into my head like this when I couldn't figure you out..or what you meant to me. I'm still trying to work through that part but I think I understand a lot more now."

He pauses for a moment waiting for me to react. His words made the butterfly's awaken in my stomach. I wish I could tell him how I felt about him.

I'm just scared.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

My writers block is slowly being cured lmao so here's another chapter. :3

Question of the chapter:
Should Gon tell Killua how he feels now or should he wait?