18) Alone

Gon's p.o.v
•••••••••••••• 🚨TW: SA🚨
I ended up falling asleep on Killua's bed while waiting for him to come back. I must have been out for a really long time because when I woke up it was dead silent on the boat and all the lanterns were out out. I look over to my right and notice a small piece of paper laying there. I sit up, stretch my arms out and grab the paper. It's folded up nicely but written on the front is my name. I open up the fold and being to read it.

"Gon,
Kurapika, Leorio, Oliver, and I left the ship. We are in Deaths Strip now. The rest of the crew will still be with you on the boat so you are not alone. We should be back in about an hour depending on how long it takes us to find what we need. If you don't mind staying in my cabin then I would suggest you do so. It's safer for you.

-Killua"

I set the paper down and slide off his bed. It's a little strange why it's so quiet. He said that there would be other crew members but why can't I hear any of them. Normally they are pretty loud..

And it's dark..

I know he told me to stay in his cabin but I want to know what the rest of the crew is doing.

I step over to the door and creak it open just enough to where I can peak my head out. There's no one. No one on the main deck at all..

I gulp and take a few step out of the room, leaving the door open behind me. My eyes dart around the ship looking for anyone at all. I check the bunk room and still nothing. I check the lowest deck but no one is there. I can feel my heart racing in my chest as I walk around the ship. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Maybe after Killua wrote the note he had to make changes to his plan. But he wouldn't leave me alone..right?

I re open my eyes and notice where the ship actually is. Looks like were in some sort of cave I can see the opening from a distance. It's the only area that actually lets light in. Now I get why Killua said this area was so sketchy. It's dark and quiet..

A shiver goes up my spine as I start letting my thoughts get the best of me. I decide to go back to Killua's cabin and wait for everyone there. Once I reach the room and close the door behind me I hear something move from the corner of the room. I freeze up. I'm scared to turn around.

Footsteps. I hear footsteps walking closer to me. The sound of the wood creaking from the hard wooden floors beneath. I whip my head around and almost gasp when I see another person. It's a person that I've never seen before. He's definitely not part of the crew.

He starts walking towards me with the most horrific grin I've ever seen. I instantly fumble backwards until I hit the wall next to Killua's bed. The man in front of me is wearing an all black uniform of some sort. He's got black slicked back hair and he's holding a...a knife in his right hand. On his waist sits a belt holding all sorts of scary looking weapons. He sets down a lantern that he was holding in his left hand on Killuas desk. He doesn't take his eyes off me once.

"Who are you.." I manage to say with a shakey voice.

He smirks. "You don't wanna know." He spins the knife around in his hand and steps closer to me until he's about 3 feet away from me.

"Your definitely not what I expected. He said you'd be more....frightened. It's a little underwhelming." He slurs his words together slightly.

"What do you mean? Why are you here?!" I raise my voice.

He puts a finger up to his lips. "Shh. Raise your voice again and I'll kill you. I'm here under strict orders. Once I'm done with you..." He licks his lips and I stare at him in disgust. "You'll never what to leave your home again."

He takes another few steps towards me until I can feel his breath on my neck. I turn my head to the side. Come on Gon think think think! You NEED to get away from him.

I look down at his empty hand and see it moving closer to me. Before he can do anything to me I knee him in his groin as hard as I can and dart out of the room. The man falls to his knees and yells out in pain. I make it to the main deck and look around trying to figure out how to get off the boat. I'm not sure how everyone else got off because although there is land around the ship, we are still in the water about 30 feet away from the closest patch of land. "Shit" I mumble.

"You little fucker. Get your ass back here." The man slams the door to Killua's cabin wide open and sprints after me. The only thing I can think of to do is climb up the wooden beam that Killua and I climbed a few days ago. I run towards the front of the ship and start climbing up. Before I can get up high enough, the man grabs my leg and pulls me down. I fall straight on my back. "Gah!"

The man gets on top of me and pins me to the floor. He hold both my arms above my head with only one hand and has each leg on either side of me. How is he so strong..

He takes his other hand and puts it around my throat. He squeezes so hard that I can't breath. I wiggle and squirm around trying to get free from his grip. He just presses into my throat harder. My vision starts going blurry but I will not give up. I swing up head upward and head butt him. This makes me dizzy but I quickly get up when he lets go of me. I wobble around trying to get my footing right. His breathing gets heavier and he stand up. His dark black eyes are filled with rage as he stares at me. "What the hell. That bitch lied to me. He said you'd be helpless. Looks like you actually do know how to put up a fight."

"Who are you talking about!? Who put you up to this!" I notice blood coming from my head so I quickly wipe it off with my arm.

"He said not to kill you but I don't really care anymore." He lets out a loud crackling laugh. He spits some blood out of his mouth and lunges forward at me. I dodge him but he goes at me again. He's really fast. I can barely keep up with him. He keep coming at me and doesn't stop. He finally grabs hold of my arm and throws me against a wall. The moment I hit the wall, a jolt of pain shoots up my back. I gasp and try to stand up straight but the pain in my back keeps me from doing so.

The man grabs me by my shirt and lifts me from the ground. He just grins as he looks at me. The next feeling I get was something I had hoped to never feel. His left hand snakes it's way up my shirt. His hands are cold and rough against my skin. I start screaming out for help but he covers my mouth with his other hand and presses my head against the wall. I bite his hand as hard as I can and start yelling again. I probably shouldn't have done that..

He snaps. He throws my body against the ground and starts breathing heavily. I notice his hands messing around with his belt buckle. My eyes widen as I realize what he's doing. Hot tears slide down my cheeks as I watch him.
"If you do this..he'll kill you. I know he will." I mumble these words.

The man stops for a moment. "No one is coming to save you. Your all mine now. And once I'm done with you I'll kill you and leave you here so everyone can see your dead body."

Why do I feel so helpless. Why can't I move. Why can't I do something. I don't wanna die. More tears fall from my eyes. The man takes off his belt and ties my hands up with it. The words that killua told me a while back start to  flood my mind. "don't depend on me or any of my crew mates to save you. Your on your own."(CHP 6) This repeats over and over again in my head.

He's not coming...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Question of the chapter

Who do you think got the man in black to attack Gon?

A. Killua
B. Ging
C. Oliver
D. Kurapika
E. Leorio