31) Deepest Desires

With a loud creak, the ship finally comes to a stop, and I gingerly step onto the wobbly wooden boards that bridge the gap between the vessel and the land. As my feet sink into the soft sand, I take a moment to soak in my surroundings. The island stretches out before me, a vibrant tapestry of colors and mysteries waiting to be unraveled.

My heart races with anticipation as I wonder where Killua could be.

I say my goodbyes ti the men who I traveled here with and then, I take my first steps into the island, my eyes scanning the horizon for any sign of Killua.

As I venture further, the island reveals itself to be a magical oasis teeming with life. Exotic birds sing melodies that float through the air. Lush foliage surrounds me, each leaf a vibrant shade of green.

With each passing moment, my excitement grows. Will I catch a glimpse of Killua? Or will he just appear out of no where. I can't help but smile just thinking about reuniting with him.

And so, my search begins, my footsteps carrying me further and further. The sun shines down upon me, warming my spirit.

I look down at my feet, the sand between my toes tickling my skin. But when I lift my gaze, I see a familiar face standing not too far away. My heart skips a beat, and I almost gasp in surprise. "Leorio!" I yell out, my voice filled with excitement.

He looks shocked to see me, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Gon? What are you doing here? How did you...?"

I tilt my head to the side, a slight smile tugging at my lips. "I came back to be with Killua," I say, my voice filled with excitement.

Leorio opens his mouth, but then closes it again, his eyes searching mine for answers. There's a moment of silence as he seems lost in thought, his expression troubled. Finally, he takes a deep breath and speaks, his voice laced with concern. "Gon...something happened to him. To Killua."

Dread washes over me like a tidal wave, my heart sinking in my chest. "What do you mean?" I ask, my voice barely a whisper as fear claws at the edges of my consciousness.

Leorio hesitates, unable to meet my eyes. His gaze drifts towards the horizon, as if searching for the right words. "He um...he went missing yesterday," Leorio says.

I furrow my brows, my heart pounding in my chest. "What?" I manage to say, the words barely escaping my lips.

Leorio's eyes meet mine, filled with concern. "He just..disappeared. No one's seen him anywhere. I even inspected his room, and it looks like he either left in a rush or someone did something to him. But I know Killua, he wouldn't just up and leave without saying anything to anyone."

My mind races, a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions colliding within me. The vibrant island around me seems to fade into the background as panic takes hold.

I take a deep breath, trying to steady myself, but my mind is a jumble of possibilities. Was he kidnapped? Did he run into trouble? Or worse, is he hurt somewhere, alone and scared? I can't bear the thought of him suffering, of him being in danger.

Leorio interrupts my frantic thoughts, his voice filled with determination. "Gon, we need to find him. We can't waste any time. I've already gathered a search party, and we're going to comb the island until we find him."

I nod my head. "I can't belive this.." I mumble.

Together, we rally the crew members who had accompanied me on the ship, explaining the situation and enlisting their help. Word spreads quickly, and soon, other travelers and villagers join our search party. The island comes alive with a collective determination to find Killua, to bring him back to safety.